Sign in to follow this  

Anyone here with a CRF150 pro series Works shock?

I just received my Works shock last night... went to put it on and there is no instruction on where to put the reservoir... I have tried to guess at the best place for it but the hose is not long enough to put it where I think that it should go... any help would be appreciated. :cry:

I don't, But I would call them and ask, they are super-friendly people. They'd probably do it over the phone with you while your inspecting it. Have you taken the seat and then the entire airbox off? That's what I'd do first. If I'm correct by stating this, I remember seeing a 150 with the resovior to the LEFT if your BEHIND the bike looking FORWARD. Good luck :cry:

I dont have one but one I rode had it mounted it to the left rear lower subframe (on the top) just behind the side panel. I rode a bike with one of those shocks just last week. What a difference!

Can I ask how much and where did you get yours, I would like to get one.

Don't know what the length of the tube is on these bikes, but on my son's XR100 I put it

under the right side of the gas tank using the front tank bolt mount.

Hope that helps some.

I mounted the reservoir to the left side of the rear subframe. Make sure you check your tire clearance so the tire does not make contact when the suspension is fully compressed.

Thanks for the replies... I did call Works by the way... they had no idea where to mount it besides the left side of bike... I said come on... someone there has to know... but I guess he didn't... the 100 shock and reservoir are mounted in a totally different place... I received three of those also... the hose is about 30 in long... so they mount it by the tank... but my crf150 shock only has about a 10-12 in hose... it looks like it should go on the left but the works people turned in the 90 degree fitting all the way into the shock body and it needs 3/4 more turn to get it to face the left side of the bike... They said not to unscrew it the 3/4 turn as it might loose the charge... the other thing that might work is to place the shock with the fitting and hose coming out towards the front... but it looks like the fitting would hit the frame... I will have more time tonight to mess with it... so I will keep you all posted...

Pics from those who say how it is done would be greratly appreciated!

AS far as price goes... welllll... I pit for a Works sponsored flattrack team... the retail on the shock that I got was $549... lets just say that My rider owns the shock :cry:

WEll I figure that if a phone call to Works didn't work than maybe an email would do the trick... so this a.m. I emailed them... a few hours later I had a picture attached to a reply email... the email support guy must have had a little more drive to get things figured out... so thanks to all your replies and to the Works email support team... I am now on my way to rippin it up with a new Works Pro Series Shock :cry:

Thanks for the pic dukeman...that is basically where they have it...but from your pic they have it in line with (on top of) the frame rail... not to the inside like you have it...

Thanks again... the shock sure feels good...even without tuning it.

As far as price goes... I know of a suspension place that will sell them at a 10% discount if you order a few of them...so maybe a group buy would work out...

PM me if you guys would like that shop name.