Sign in to follow this  

TRX ATV Stainless valves for 250x ?

Crazy is correct. I looked up some stock part numbers and none of them cross refrence. It appears all Honda valves have the same first five and last 3 digits. Heres what I found, it appears that TRX450 and CRF450 have different valves too.

Intake Valve Part Numbers

TRX450R: 14711-HP1-670

CRF450R: 14711-MEB-670

CRF250X&R: 14711-KRN-670

Actually the CRF450 exhaust valves (which are stainless) are the same size as the CRF250R/X intake valves other than they are .5 MM longer and considerably heavier. It looks like there is enough adjustment in the shimming to accommodate the longer 450 valves. You would need some massive springs to keep the valves from floating. I did look at using the stiffer exhaust springs off the CRF 250 they appeared as if they might fit on the intake side of the head but never actually tried this combination (THEY MIGHT COIL BIND). A vision of valves smacking the top of the piston and breaking off stopped me in mid stream on this project. WARNING! I know enough to be dangerous and didn’t want to spend $2500.00 fixing a major screw-up like that. I wouldn’t recommend anyone trying this unless they had money to burn.

I think they mean, wait for the aftermarket companies to come up with a stainless solution (turned down 450 valves?), it seems honda is not.