Sign in to follow this  

Cleaning my Cell kneebraces! What's that SMELL

What's the best way to clean these things? Man, they stink!

I put them in a bucket of soap and water but didn't soak them because I wasn't sure if it was good for them. Is there a better way? Cause I can't stand the smell any longer!! :cry:

I have a CTI 2 brace and the best way I have found to clean them is take all the padding out etc and run it through the dishwasher!! it works well. Braces are pretty tough. Just through the thing on the top shelf of your dishwasher and let 'er run. :cry:

Make sure if you put them in the dishwasher to turn the "heat dry" off. The heat generated in there is somewhat significant and could distort/deteriorate the brace. Air dry in front of a fan.

try fabreeze, (not sure about the spelling) but that stuff makes your gear smell like mommy does your laundry :cry:

I tried taking the pads out of the braces, but I had no luck. I am not sure they can be removed without tearing them. :cry:

I use a mild detergent, usually dishsoap or dishwasher crystals with warm water and my wifes tooth brush...ummm...I mean a soft bristled toothbrush :cry: . They're not cells, but I have had my brace for 5 years and play hockey with it as well as mx, never had a problem with odor.

mike :cry:

Cork up the sink, dump in some baking soda (the crap that makes your fridge smell good), fill with warm water and let them soak over nite. Then toss in the washing machine. They should stay unstinky for a few rides at least :cry:

I second the Febreeze. Soak em down with that stuff and let it dry. It really worked on my helmet, knee pads and boots. If it can kill that stench, it can kill anything!

I think the awful smell of the knee braces can give an advantage over the competition, the smell almost knocks me out when I put them on, so imagine the other riders on the line loosing concentration when the smell hits them... :cry: I call it a holeshot secret... :cry: