Sign in to follow this  

Help with loading 450 in lifted truck

Any of you guys have lifted truack and load the 450 by yourself? I just bought my first lifted truck, Silverado with 9" lift and 33's. It is a biatch to load up by myself. Any of you have any good ips? What about riding it up there? HAHA. Don't laugh, I have loaded my street bikes up that way.

I ride mine up the ramp... If you miss or the ramp slides out say goodbye to your leg and your tailgate... Buy a lowered truck ..

Super duty with 8" and 37's. I have two 2x10. I start the bike up and walk along side of it on the other ramp. Work's and cheap.

My last truck was a dropped late model Chevy and pusing the bike up the ramp was a snap. My current truck is a stock 4x4 shortbed Chevy and pushing it up the same ramp is out of the question for my stubby butt. I just suck it up and ride up, no sweat. Of course it gets a litle dicey if the truck or the ramp are a bit damp...

I gotta 2000 GMC Sierra 2500 with a 6inch lift and 34's and i just had an atv ramp that folds in half and latched onto to the truck so i could walk aside it or ride it up. Now i just got a cheap trailor and i love it. You really should get a trailor. I know how bad it sucks to have to ask someone for help all the time.

I've got an F-350 with 35's. I put a milk crate along side of my ramp.....that way I just step up and load it. I've always ridden it up before, but last year I put a big dent in the front of my bed. So now the wife says I have to use the crate. :cry: By they way, a 9" lift with 33's? You have got to send me a pic of that! :cry: :cry:

Thanks, 2x10 idea is a good one. :cry:

I use two 2x10's as well and walk it up with the motor running. I also take 3/4" firring strips and screw them in perpendicular with one about every 10" on both boards. Really helps the footing when its raining. Also helps keep the tires from skidding on the way down. I also screw a small chain to each with a hook on the end to catch the forward edge of the tailgate when its lowered so they can't slip off the end of the tailgate.

use your bike stand as a step that way u dont have to carry the crate with u works great 4 me. :cry:

By they way, a 9" lift with 33's? You have got to send me a pic of that!

I was thinking the same thing. 33's would look aweful small with 9 inches of lift.

i have a chevy silverado with a 6 inch lift and i just carry a folding step stool with me. It doesnt take up that much space and it makes the job a whole lot easier. If u don't have a step stool u could just use a milk crate or your tool box if u carry a small one.

6" lift & 35's on a Superduty.

I just built a nice big dirt mound in my back yard that I can back up to.

I used to ride up my ramp at the track but I had a little "incedent."