Sign in to follow this  

XR100 engine into XR80 ??

I'm somewhat of a nubee to the forum and XR upgrades. I do some roadracing and need a good pit bike/training flattracker.

I have a 1983 XR80 I got new when I was nine :cry: and would like to make a nice pitbike as I mentioned. The bike is in great shape, however the motor is seized :cry: from sitting all these years. What year XR100 engines will work in this bike, and what can I do to upgrade the suspension since it is a "Twin Shocker"?? :cry:

Thanks for all the help in advance...

Jamie Ray...

Any year XR100 will work but a 1992 or newer is better because it has CDI ignition. Youl also need a XR100 carb.

For shocks, I use to use on my old XR80 1980-81 CR80 shocks.

I have a twin shocker that's about the funnest bike I have. I went CR front forks, some old big shocks (I don't know the name), 120 kit, and welded on some XR200 footpeg mounts, with old yz80 bars. I plan on making a cradle for it (weld on, not bolt on), and a extended mild steel swingarm with needle bearings and big bike style axle mounts.

I love blowing by little kids with $5500 modded out 2-stroke 85's and $80,000 motorhomes with my $400 1981 xr100. :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: