Sign in to follow this  

Fork oil level 2003 230?

Does anyone know the hieght of the fork oil on a 2003 230 or is it measured in onces, and if so how many ounces? What is the best kind of fork oil to use? has anyone tried shiming thier forks? My lil bro (85lbs) rides a 230 and is pretty aggresive. He has been complaining alot about the forks being to soft and they seem to have almost now oil in them. any help would be greatly appriciated

Does anyone know the hieght of the fork oil on a 2003 230 or is it measured in onces, and if so how many ounces? What is the best kind of fork oil to use? has anyone tried shiming thier forks? My lil bro (85lbs) rides a 230 and is pretty aggresive. He has been complaining alot about the forks being to soft and they seem to have almost now oil in them. any help would be greatly appriciated

The oil hieght is 5.5 inches from the top down, with the forks fully compressed and the springs out. You can add more and take out oil if need be.

15W is a pretty good wieght to use and I used Belray in my bike and it works fine. My bro likes the Maxima and so do his riding buddies and the people at his cycle shop...