Sign in to follow this  

Rear rotor...

(2) questions:

#1: Is it hard to bend a rotor in a minor wreck/laydown?

#2: Should I stick w/ OEM as a replacement?

#1 It can happen

#2 If it is only a little bend, you can try to bend it back with a adjustable wrench. I would never buy an OEM, due to the very high price, buy a good quality aftermarket disc.

#2 If it is only a little bend, you can try to bend it back with a adjustable wrench. I would never buy an OEM, due to the very high price, buy a good quality aftermarket disc.

I second the repair option. Before you buy try bend it back. I've done it to mine and my friend did it to his. You can really get it close, in only about a minutes' work. People may say that you will wear out your pads quicker then you can say "Add this thread to my favorites" but that's BS. You should be able to get it back to the way it was before you bounced your crf off the ground. :cry:

Use the bent one if you want your brakes to feel like they have abs ..... Otherwise buy a galfer wave rotor they have more braking edges = better braking power.

Well, I'm now wondering if it's maybe the brand new pads that are rubbing. I installed new pads (OEM) a week ago today.