Sign in to follow this  

Differences between E and S

I just bought a 04' E model and one of my friends is interested in getting the S. We've looked at the literature and are wondering what the reallife differences are.

Doug

If you look at Suzuki's website it says exactly but mainly is Different carb, cams, compression ratio, gas tank, gearing and intake. Obvious differences are no blinkers, mirriors, brake light ect.

Tires S has radiator fans and Speedo and different exhaust and if it is a pre 02 a different suspension. Those are basically the main differences. If you got a California E there arnt that many things that are different.

I bought the bike from International Motorcycle Brokers so it's a Canadian version. The only difference between US seems to be lots of reflectors that I removed first thing. The bike will be used in Arizona.

My question was more of the suspension and power differences, I've heard that the front is softer in the S model. If you drove the E and S one after the other what differences would you notice.

Doug

the S has a 36mm cv carb vs the E 39mm fcr.

the S has lower compression via a 3 layer bas gasket

the S has milder cams,3mm smaller head pipe and lower rev limit.

the suspension is the same on the 02 and later models.

riding them back to back the E will feel way faster.

Two things to consider.. Even with the same suspension (burned,, was thinking the s had a different rear spring... 5.6?) But any way, even if they had the same suspension,, they will feel way different, due to weight differences. E to S

my favorite difference between E and S is the fatter footpegs on the E. they feel like running boards--nice!!!