Sign in to follow this  

BD Skid Plate Hits Yosh

I posted in the skid plate thread but decided to start my own thread to see who else had this problem. Ok I have the Yoshimura full exhaust and then ordered the new style Baja Designs skid plate for my bike and when I put it on and started it smoke started coming from the plate and I noticed the exhaust was hitting it and burning off something that must have been on it. Well anyway I just took the plate to my grinder and cut it so it wouldn't hit it and it worked fine but I was wondering who else had this problem because it didnt sound like anyone in the Which skidplate should I get thread. Here are some pics of it now after I cut it you cant really tell though but it hit in the back of the head pipe. They are green because I turned night shot on so you could see it better. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg2edit.jpg

Yes I know my bike is really dirty right now and I need to wash it. :cry: Thats besides the point though. Arnt dirt bikes supposed to be dirty? :cry:

Ok my unabikers went on fine and the CRD plate I had on there when I bought it was fine before it fell off but when I put this thing on it hit I just cut it so it was no big deal but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Is it how my pipe is or the plate or what would make it do that?

I'm wondering if there's some fore/aft leeway in mounting the skidplate since it has the clamps on the frame tubes.

Tony

You could loosen up all of your engine mount bolts and move the engine in the frame a bit. Might gain some clearance that way.

BTW...love the green filter. I keep expecting to see Paris Hilton in the background.

Haha. It was night shot because it was to dark down there to see it without it and I didnt want to go get my shop light and the overhead light didn't really help so I just turned night shot on. I think I will just leave it like it is as I have already cut it and had it like this for months I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem as It wasn't a big deal for me but then I started wondering if anyone else had this happen or not. Yo Unabiker if you need your skid plate tested to make sure if fits ok with the Yosh I would be happy to do it for you free of charge as long as I got the keep the plate. :cry: LOL Just kidding. Any idea how much yours will cost?

I really want the carbon fiber frame guards though I Think they would look sweet in carbon fiber. I guess Lightspeed has some I could get though but I would rather wait for yours. :cry: