Sign in to follow this  

Newbie looking for rides in NorCal

I am just getting started in my off road riding, spent many years on the street but little seems the same. I would love to join in the fun but, quite frankly, I am a bit intimidated reading stories of the rides you guys take.

I would like to get out a bit more and and my wife is even encouraging me to go, now how many of you can say that and mean it.

I was out about a month ago with Superslyko at Georgetown, I had a great time and was pushed just enough. Now I need to get out more often and continue pushing my skills and building my confidence.

I am a slow and steady rider, knowing what my comfort level is and am not one to exceed it just to keep up or to be macho.

Which rides would a beginner be welcome on?

don't be intimidated. We like ( especially me :cry: to BS about the big tough rides we go on...........not true...It's all talk...the local trails are easy to intermeadiate stuff except for a couple places

People will tell you what thier plans are......all the TTers I've met will wait for all riders on the trails and we tailor the ride to the ability of the riders. It's good to ask where the trail leader intends on taking the group or do as you did and mention that you feel you're a beginner. my advice is to speak up here in the SW forum and Basically jump in on any rides.......If people say they are going on a tougher trail then you know to back away.......Lots of local trails are very user friendly.

frankly you just have to be careful of who you ride with..some riders enjoy taking a guy too far...avoid those types....( havent met any on TT) while others just don't pay attention to the abilities of all the group and will accidently take you too far, while other rides like some of mine have said yes to new riders without asking them about their abilitys and then we found we went to far with them later after its too late.

THE KEY is to ASK the group you're thinking of riding with what kind of trails are plnned for the day, are their any HARD parts?? ask them that because lots of easy trails have one or two hard parts....and ask do they mind going on the easier trails.......its all about expectations

NOW as long as you dont ask me to ride Nevada, I'll ride with you.

Welcome to TT! What areas are closest to you? Are you anywhere near the Bay Area / San Jose / Hollister / Metcalf? You're welcome to ride with berkeboy and me anytime. And pace is not a problem -- we take friends out on our backup demo bikes often, and help them learn the ropes. -Mike- :cry:

Which rides would a beginner be welcome on?

i dont know how long of a drive it is form you, i know its quite a drive for me but forest hill is a great place to ride for beginners, i live in the bay area and if you ever wanna go on a ride with some fellow TTr's ill go just let us know

Bob hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes the ride's are kinda tough, and not recommended for a beginner.

I'm thinking about doing an easy ride this coming fri. or sat. up in the Greenhorn area. lot's of nice forest riding, nothing tough. Perfect for the beginner, nice place to ride and get comfortable with your scooter..If your interested, give me a pm. :cry:

MotoTaur, You interested? I'll call ya... :cry:

-Dan

Let me know when you want to go riding. Some of my friends are beginner/novices so I could take them and meet ya somewhere to ride.

Hey Gordie, I ride up to Mammoth Bar every so often via Salmon Falls RD

& Highway 49, if your ever interested let me know. Its a fun ride

with the twisties as a warm up.

:cry: Welcome Aboard!

Good to see you here! :cry:

These fellas will take very good care of you! :cry:

Just be careful of bigbob............he likes to get under your skin! :cry: