Sign in to follow this  

White Knuckle Hare Scramble

I just noticed on the NMA website they moved this race back to Pacific Raceways(formerly SIR, and Nasty Wench).

I hope the stars align and I can get to this one. Its a blast. :cry:

Correct. I talked with some of the Stumpjumper club members this last weekend @ Rimrock GP. They have confirmed that, this years WhiteKnuckle will be held at Pacific Raceways.

This year it will be a 2 day event. C-classes, and Women in Saturdays AM race. The rest of the short course class on Saturday PM. And the long course pro classes on Sunday.

Moe

Go to http://www.pacificraceways.com for directions (and race info is on their front page).

Sign-up starts at 6:00am both days

Saturday, November 13th, Short Course:

1st Race at 10:00am

Women

15 & under

200-C

Open C

Vintage (82 and older)

Teams

2nd Race at 12:30pm

Sportsman

Super Senior

Senior Amateur

Senior Expert

4-Stroke Amateur

Vet Amateur

Sunday, November 14th

Long Course Race 10:00am

AA

Open A

Open B

200-A

Mini Race 2:00pm

8 years old & younger

9 - 12 years old

Gate Fee: $10.00

Camping Fee: $15.00 No Fires!!!

Race Fee:

Saturday: $40.00

Sunday Long Course: $40.00

Sunday Mini Race: $20.00

For those of you not familiar with the White Knuckle (formerly known as the Nasty Wench), it is a Northwest favorite of off-road events, and here is good reason why: the course encompasses the SIR MX track, a woods section, the road course, and the drag strip!!!

Here are some pictures from previous years:

9505703-M.jpg

9505709-M.jpg

9505714-M.jpg9505717-M.jpg

9505710-M.jpg

9505708-M.jpg9505700-M.jpg

9505705-M.jpg9505712-M.jpg

Thats a great pic of Massive Moe.(bottom pic on left) Did'nt that cheerleader outfit win you some $$$ Moe? :cry:

Thats a great pic of Massive Moe.(bottom pic on left) Did'nt that cheerleader outfit win you some $$$ Moe? :cry:

that's too funny! :cry:

Thanks for the info Trav. Yes, one of the greatest races ever. :cry:

I watched that guy in the cheerleader outfit. He might as well have been naked! It was cold that day too. :cry:

that's too funny! :cry:

Yeah, I won $300 bucks that year. And the title of the "NASTIEST WENCH". My outfit consisited of, MX boots, nylons, g-string thong, cheerleader skirt/halter top, MX gloves, helmet and goggles. That was it. It was freezing that morning, but after I went numb, I couldn't feel the cold. Oh ya, I finished 17th out of 34 in the Sportsman class that year. Not bad, beatting 50% of the class in a SKIRT!!

Moe

Here's a few more pictures of the "Nastiest Wench" ever. Found them hidden on the internet....

00%20wench%7E1.jpg

00%20wench%7E2.jpg00%20wench%7E3.jpg00%20wench%7E4.jpg00%20wench%7E6.jpg

Try not to laugh too hard people....I did win $300 bucks for this little "stunt".

Moe

Moe,

That was AWESOME!

:cry:

Those are some great photos. If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we have not earned the right to laugh with others.

I think you are an awesome "sport" to subject yourself to that (I am like minded, and would probably do the same) and I am glad you walked away with the $300.

:cry:

Thanks Brandon. i would do this again in a heartbeat for less money. You should of seen the crowd. They went nuts everytime they saw me. That race was a total blast, for myself and spectators.

Moe

This looks like a great time! This is all new to me - does anyone have any suggestions for a newbie riding their first hare scramble?

This looks like a great time! This is all new to me - does anyone have any suggestions for a newbie riding their first hare scramble?

somebody on this site once told me something at my first race that was encouraging to me, "there is going to be guys out here faster than you and guys out there slower than you". To me, that meant just go out and do my best, have fun passing some guys, and don't be alarmed when some guy hauls by me like I am standing still.

there should be a good size turnout at this event, and there will be a lot of other one/first-time races out there besides you, so I say go for it. it'll probably be more tiring than you'll ever expect, so don't be suprised if 1/2 way through you feel like you are going to die, just keep a pace that you can stick with (no matter how slow that is) and get through it, you'll have a great sense of accomplishment when you finish and more than likely you'll be itching for the next event that comes up :cry:

Moe,

I have to give you one of these :cry:

I just came back to this thread and it really was you. If I make it this year I would like to meet you, but you'll probably feel like you already know me. I was one of the people cheering you on. :cry:

Oldbones,

Any other race I would say yes to new tires, but this one will completely destroy them. I remember they even had a smoke show contest after the race. If I was buying tires I would put them on on Nov. 15th.

I had an opportunity to talk to PR's track supervisor regarding the White Knuckle race that is up-coming in November regarding the course lay-out and how it differs from the Nasty Wench. He visited RMC at our race meeting earlier this week.

1. Race will start on mx track in front of gates by waves.

2. Start will encompass entire track, exiting behind the start gate into the woods there

3. PR has lots of clear-cut now that will also be used meaning some nasty loose dirt

4. Most of the road course will be used

5. The 2 notorious hill drops that are behind the mx course will no longer be used

6. Stumpjumpers has been out there clearing some of the trails. He rode them and said they are in rough shape.

7. The MX track will also be utilized unlike previous Nasty Wenches.

I am looking forward to this race for numerous reasons. The season finale race of NMA series points, good spectators advantages and it is close by so my parents can finally see me race.

mike - mx813

I actually raced this even 3 years ago. I think it was called "Son of a Wench" then. I think I raced the 30+ Am and got a decent start. Wild to fly from dirt to pavement right off the start and then making a right turn down the 1/2 mile drag stip only to hit the brakes and turn right at the end IN THE RAIN!!! I fell in a simple corner when I over shot one of the burms going through the trees and washed out the front end. I spent the next 3 minutes trying to start my bike and then the rest of the day playing catch up. I think I finished somewhere around 14th of 40+ but it didn't matter. The course was a blast and the people were great.

It's a bummer they are taking out the downhills. The MX course wasn't there when I last raced it but that sounds like fun. Sounds like it is more of a WORCS format.

Hummm November :cry:

Thanks for the info Mike. I was actually talking to a guy from the Stumpjumpers back in the Spring who approached me as I had a shirt from a past Wench on. He said they were working hard on bringing it back and doing it right. Should be a good race. It has always had a big turnout even though it is usually sloppy wet being in November. I wonder why they took the downhills out? Those were some of the highlights, especially for spectators. I can't wait :cry:

That race rocks!

Sad to hear they're not doing the downhills.

Anyone plan on doing both days?

-Tyler

PS: Beware the VHT!

Does anyone know if there are dB level or spark arrestor requirements at the White Knuckle?