Sign in to follow this  

7/8 or 1 1/8 - Does it matter ?! How it affects handling the bike?

Well , All bikes I've seen here were 7/8 handlebars ,

Why none of you use 1 1/8 ?!

Than ya have not been looking 😢 very hard..

Lots of 1 1/8 bar users listed in the ranks. 😢 They seem to hold up better in a crash, and the fat bar style (protaper, ect) claim to absorb some of the shock load.

i have pro tapers on one bike and renthals on the other.you can definately feel more vibes with the renthals.

Did you change top triple clamps for one with 1 1/8 with holders or just used adjuster (which also raise it)

and which handlebar protectors can i use besude cycra which are very expensive ?!

i have applied clamps on that bike.all of the handguard companys have mount kits for 1 1/8 bars.on my bike i have fastway triple clamp mounts with answer guards.the deflectors are cycra stealth.

DSCF0008.JPG

Does all pro taper handlebars are 1 1/8 or they have also 7/8 ?

Another question , Dont want to open new post about it , But what difference does other triple clampts (beside Dumper mount) makes ?

I mean talon hubs for example are lighter then stock hubs ,

what importance does non stock triple clamps has ?

Pro Tapers are just 1 1/8, but the maker of them (Answer) make a 7/8 style bar.

The after market triple clamp has the potential to be stronger, stiffer and lighter.. but just depends on each maker

ANd as far as I know.... talon hubs are not lighter then stock hubs 😢

Does all pro taper handlebars are 1 1/8 or they have also 7/8 ?

they make 7/8 as well

Another question , Dont want to open new post about it , But what difference does other triple clampts (beside Dumper mount) makes ?

stronger/increased rigidity.

I mean talon hubs for example are lighter then stock hubs ,

no,they are much heavier becuase they are billet.but they are much stronger.

Those look like RM forks...

You needed new clamps top and bottom...

Who makes the adjustable mounts with something like 7 positions? I believe it is Pro-Taper...but do you think that they would make something like it for the DRZ? Weren't the DRZ forks once RM items? What year was that

-MW

they are 98 rm forks.the are the same externally as drz forks.those are applied drz clamps.

96-98 rm forks are 49mm conventional twin chambers.whil externally the same,internally they are completely different.

What I should have said is the Pro taper TAPERWALL ALUMINUM HANDLEBARS only come in 1 1/8" But Pro Taper does make other bars in 7/8.. They call them the SE. But what most people think of, and refer to, when talking about "Pro Taper bars". the taper wall, no cross bar Pro Taper bar, only comes in 1 1/8"

Pro Taper used to make three other bars,,AC1, AC3, and steel bars.. They are no longer in the line up, but might be available in a shop or where house.