Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Seen a Buddy Race Before?

A freind of mine who used to race way long ago had some 8mm MX movies. One of the most bizzarre things on it was they would always have a buddy race. Now this is in the 70's and bikes only had about 4-6 inches of travel, but they would race double on the track. It looked absolutely crazy, a real good way to break an ankle, leg, knee, you name it. You could see the poor sap on back with legs flailing around like crazy. :cry:

If I new how to make a video I would post it, but alas, I am a video neophyte. Anybody ever seen this before? Before I saw the video last night I had never even heard of it before. :cry:

Never heard of that before. It would be fun to watch.

I have done buddy races were we switched riding the bike every other lap, but 2 at once seems really dangerous and stupid IMO :cry:

Never heard of it, and yeah, it sounds like it's not a very good idea....but it sounds like FUN! I want to be the driver though... :cry:

I'll try to make a video clip of it, it looked as though being a passanger was a really bad thing. No promises as I have no clue what I'm doing (Although I believe I have all the Neccessary tools.) :cry:

We are doing sorta one next weekend (10/16). Teams of two guys and one bike. The first riders take off from the gate and do one lap. They must stop in a box and trade the bike to the second riders. The second rider does a lap and stops in the box where the other team member hops on the back for a lap. The pair must stop in the box again and trade positions on the bike and run a lap to the finish line. :cry:

We are doing sorta one next weekend (10/16). Teams of two guys and one bike. The first riders take off from the gate and do one lap. They must stop in a box and trade the bike to the second riders. The second rider does a lap and stops in the box where the other team member hops on the back for a lap. The pair must stop in the box again and trade positions on the bike and run a lap to the finish line. :cry:

I think you guys are nuts. :cry::cry: