Sign in to follow this  

Best Boots?

Need some new boots at some point.

Backcountry single trak.

Want good protection, but I may have to walk out someday.

Suggestions?

Vectors are the best boot I have worn for walking, and still providing good protection. However there is no traction on the soles (try getting a stalled bike up a muddy hill with these is an adventure), but I think that can be fixed with some creativeness. I just haven't been willing to experiment yet.

They are the best all around boot I have worn

heh ive done a bit of slip n sliding myself last weekend i slipped over on a hill while off the bike moving it around and fell underneith it was a fair effort lifting it off myself with noone around lemie know what u come up with getting more grip with em

I have the SIDI's and really like them. Next boot I buy will have an ATV sole on them for the muddy uphill and better traction. I am not a track guy so the atv sole will be just fine.

I just got the new GAERNE SG10 they are great, very comfy with great support. I've had TECH 8 for the last six years or so and the SG10 are every bit as good. I ordered them from TT w/my -10% what a great deal!!!! :cry:

another vote for tech 6s (if you have the money and don't mind the liner go for the 8s) and yes they suck for walking but that doesn't matter cuz you should be riding ne way :cry:

SIDI Force SRS :cry:

Great boots, but unfortunatly SIDI's american distributor (motonation.com) has horrible customer service and treats you like you oughta be honored that they're willing to sell you their boots :cry: I would buy them through another retailer if I were you.

tech 6's , 8's, Forma Pro's....

they offer no freaking ankle protection....

SG10 and Sidi Force do.

That is why they cost over $300.....

Mainstream boots are the 6, 8, and Forma Pros

You want above average protection, get the other ones.

I'm in for the Fox Forma Pro, that is a great boot

don't know what you mean with no ankel protection :cry:

I think they are great and offers plenty of protection, can't say it's walking boots but on the other hand which MX boots are that :cry:

I am also looking for some new boots and have been looking at the Tech 8's. What issues could the booties pose? Are they uncomfortable? I ask because you mentioned for people who don't like booties, try the Tech 6's.

I ask because I wear a size 15 and can't try on boots on without ordering them. So I pretty much have to buy them without ever trying them on. I am not locked into the Tech 8's but so many people wear them they must be good boots, and the come in size 15.

I am looking for a boot with good protection, but mainly that will LAST for a long time.

I treied to reply to Red_Rider04, but it said "cannot proceed" "post already exists"? &%$#@!?

Anywhoo..

I am also looking for some new boots and have been looking at the Tech 8's. What issues could the booties pose? Are they uncomfortable? I ask because Red_Rider04 mentioned for people who don't like booties, try the Tech 6's.

I ask because I wear a size 15 and can't try on boots on without ordering them. So I pretty much have to buy them without ever trying them on. I am not locked into the Tech 8's but so many people wear them they must be good boots, and the come in size 15.

I am looking for a boot with good protection, but mainly that will LAST for a long time.

I treied to reply to Red_Rider04, but it said "cannot proceed" "post already exists"? &%$#@!?

Anywhoo..

I am also looking for some new boots and have been looking at the Tech 8's. What issues could the booties pose? Are they uncomfortable? I ask because Red_Rider04 mentioned for people who don't like booties, try the Tech 6's.

what did you want to ask me? :cry:

The first post actaully showed up......

My questions to you was about the booties, what is not to like potentailly. Are they hot, too tight?