Sign in to follow this  

ignition boxes...

Has anyone tried the new ignition boxes that everybody is selling on EBAY? Supposedly they say more torque at higher RPM? And they are really cheap-some near $100. This sounds kind of low for ignition boxes, especially high performance. Also with all the valve problems, wouldn't you not want to raise the rev limiter? Cause if you do it just that many more time a minute that the valve is going to slam into the head. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ur right on with the valve issue and revving. I would stay away from em cuz how much more rev do u really need? let's be honest, a 4 stroke should be ridden in the meat of the power band (which is anywhere but near the rev limiter) if you want to rev, by a 2 smoke.

Hi I fitted an I-Cat to my RMZ 250 and it def seems to have more pull. it seems to be able to pull a higher gear, And it starts :cry: easier when hot. they are available on E-Bay $150 hope this helps Clifford 4 Strokes Rule

I-CAT is different from these boxes I'm seeing. I-CAT just hops up the spark and makes it more useful in-side the cylinder. These boxes supposedly move the rev-limiter higher than stock. And change the torque curve.