Sign in to follow this  

'05 RM-Z450 ..good or bad?

I know the rms 250 sucked for its first year but how is the 450? Doers anyone know were i can find the specs and were i can find some tests to see what were the good things and what are the bad things about the bike.

I know the rms 250 sucked for its first year

how do you figure? :cry:

but how is the 450?

im sure we will here about it as soon as a mortal has one.

Ive done alot of reading up on the RM-z250 b/c i was goign to buy one. It had overheating problems, you have to buy a 2 peice water pump cover so you dont have to drain the coolent when you change the oil, and the engine suposidly isnt as "strong" as the YZF and the CRF

And ive seen a couple guys w/ the RMZ450's..not in person but i know guys online that have posted pics of them riding theres on the track.

dude,i have several customers with rmz/kxf and not one of them has had overheating problems.they use them as intended as motocrossers.they are ever bit as strong as the honda or the yamaha."supposedly" is the key word for you.

i will agree the one peice cover was dumb.easy fix.

wheres the pics of the normal guys with the rm450's?

Im not trying to start a fight. I was just saying what i was told and what i read about. You live in CO. It dont get all that hot here. Im in CO too, but am moving to N. Carolina soon. I was just trying to find info. on the RMZ450 b/c im selling my 2004 125sx to buy either a RMZ450 or 450sx, or even a CRF450.

and the engine suposidly isnt as "strong" as the YZF and the CRF

I LOVE my RM-Z because it has more bottom end than the YZF or CRF. At the track with friends, I'm usually the one roosting them because my powerband starts much, MUCH sooner than theirs does, and I get out of the corners much faster than they do. On straights, sure, they catch up to me but the track we ride at has very few straight sections.

Burned -

'Zukes Rock! My 'ol DRZ 400 does just fine in the Vegas desert about 120 degrees, too! Oh yeah - It's a dry heat....... :cry:

Your RM-Z has more bottom then a YZ-F my (_(_(. :cry:

Actually if you read the magiznes the RMZ/KXF has the best bottom end and tourqe then any other 250f, but it also has the worst top. I am just correcting you because you are aggresivly defending your YZF because you want it to be the best because it is yours (in my opinion the YZF is way better then KXF, or CRF.) But the YZF has less bottom end then the KXF but it has a better motor. :cry:

The magazines are a good source but...alot of the stuff that I see I just dont believe like....the CRF was the best 250f, bull. The magazines never seem to talk about reliability. Ive seen the KX-f and zuki work it and doesnt really impress me..

The CRF was the best 250F cause Honda paid them the most money in advertising. :cry:

It does have a pretty frame, but I don't like the Unicam design. I guess if you have your own mechanic its an OK bike.

Whats wrong with the unicam design? I never had a problem with it? Its a simple way for one cam to open 4 valves. I have had two CRF450's and 1 CRF250F and the unicam was never a factor. Its not hard to work on. :cry: I guess you'd rather time two cams than one. :cry: