Sign in to follow this  

Skidplate choice for 2004 crf250r

I Ride 95% tracks and the rest trail. I need to get a skid plate for my r but I want the samllest one possilbe. I like the one carmichael runs on his 450 (old bike). Is it production???? any other good choices????

Look at the e-line plates! good protection and carbon-kevlar construction for strength and low weight. :cry:

I've got a Works Connection plate on mine. Only two things to look out for is that I did have to grind the corner off one of the clamps so it didn't rub on the engine case. Only other thing I've noticed is that after a really muddy race you need to take it off and clean out between the engine and plate because a bunch of crud gets stuck there.

It's light and the fit is excellent...oh and it DOESN'T rattle like some aluminum plates I've had in the past.

Another vote for the Works Connection. It looks very similar to the one on Carmichael's bike. It has the holes in the top - front. I have one on my bike and didn't have any clearance problems, but I WILL look and double check it this afternoon! :cry:

I've got the Storm Cycles skid plate and engine guards on my 05. You can get just the skid plate by itself, but you need the skid plate if you want the engine guards. I also ride 90-95% track and they work great.

Dano storm1.jpg

I had a works connection one but I took it off because it makes a mess when you change the oil.

Not as much of a mess as a big rock to bare frame rails makes! :cry:

I had a works connection one but I took it off because it makes a mess when you change the oil.

Not as much of a mess as a big rock to bare frame rails makes! :cry:

Such a good point! :cry:

Dano