Sign in to follow this  

REAR BRAKE "Caliper Bracket" look at pic please

8d0e98bf.jpg

While replacing brakes has anyone removed the retainer bracket piece and noticed this notch that mine has. I am not sure if it is normal. The picture is a little weird, but to the right you will see the piston to the left you will see the rotor and between those you will see the bracket and the little notch out of it. It looks so smooth it would be factory done, but I am not sure.

Looks like pad a wear indicator to me. Don't know if my pads have it or not and its too late to go out and look.

If you cleaned it up you might be able to better see the pad material .vs. the pad backing plate.

that is the backing plate in the picture. The pads are removed in this pictures. the retainer is also removed this is the bracket that has the notch in it.

It looks like you have been riding without the retainer (steel clips) that is supposed to fit in the grove/slot you have a picture of. Have you removed the clips before you took the picture, if you didn't do so your caliper bracket might be worn down. try take it apart and get a better picture of it, remove the caliper from the bracket.

Ya, the clips are removed in the picture. It just looks weird to me how that is. Just wanted to know if everyone has that notch or if it is out of the ordinary

I have removed my brake pads to check if it was normal (I was kind of wondering :cry: if I had missed it) well it isn't normal, it is suppose to be completly flat and only big enough to just fit the brake pad (ofcourse when the clips is in)