Sign in to follow this  

New Member Again

I picked up my new used bike last night and list the mods below. I took it for a short ride on the street today and notice it pops alot on deceleration. The jetting is stock, snorkle is removed, White Bro Exhaust with stock head pipe and KN Fliter. The only other problem I have at this time is it is a little high, I'am 5'11 and might have problems in a rocky river bed. I now touch the tip toes on flat ground. I will need help to post a photo. By the way I live in Rancho Penasquitos and would like to meet any others in North County. Thanks Kelly

Your stock jetting is too lean for those mods. Someone will give you a good recommendation for your elevation. Anyone?

As for it being to high,,, :cry: :cry: :cry: at 5'11",, I don’t think you'll have any problems.. I'm 5'6" using the GEL low seat, and things are working just fine for me. You can if needed add a set of Kouba lowering links for another .75" drop. (or more,, but lots of other things start becoming an issue with those lower links)

If it is truly stock jetting, it can use some help. Removing the snorkel, does little,, until you open up the air box via doing the 3"x3" mod. The bike is lean from the factory and low end of throttle opening, and a bit rich in the upper. The Dyna Jet kit for the S, 3x3 air box mod is a well worked, mod,, it has proven to be a great combination for many here.

you can get the DJ kit Here As this kit was built for a otherwise stock bike,, it will not have the jets needed once you open the air box up some.. With your after market exhaust, the stock 142.5 main should be about right.. What Elevation are you riding at?

The 22.5 pilot is a bit small,,,, Try a 25 for starters.

Erik, I'am at about 500' elevation. I will do a search for the 3x3 mod. Can you tell me more about the Gel Low Seat??

Thanks Kelly

Thanks for all the help, the DRZ400 web site is great and I will get the jetting right with this help. Any help on how to add a photo in a post? Thanks again Kelly

You have to host it someplace.. your ISP, or one of the free pic storage places.. Then you insert a link to the pic using UBB code (look at the reply page.. see the "Instant UBB Code" see the one marked "Image" you will click that and paste in the URL to your saved pic. The pic then will show in the thread. :cry: