Sign in to follow this  

Did it! Bought the FCR

Just ordered it today from Carb parts warehouse.

I ordered it with the choke, expecting the cost to put it up around the $700 that I was quoted from Sudco, and it was only about $30 more? I got it with the 40 pilot, and 158 main jet and EMM needle. (Am I missing anything here?)Also, it comes with the PAS, and I was reasurred that the stock cables would work...(keeping my fingers crossed)

I also ordered the "E" carb to head tube with 2 clamps, and the union for the head bolt (with gasket) that provides vacuum for the "S" petcock. I did not order the vacuum line, nor the carb vent lines so does anyone know if you can get these almost anywhere?

What else should I have and where can I locate them? I keep reading about a fuel screw from Keintech? But what is that?

-MW (just a little excited)

I used to have the link.

Somebody post the link to that FCR conversion webpage that shows you everthing you need to do/buy.

Stock cables will work but you'll have to bend a small tab on the fcr. I also bought from sudco, good guys. :cry:

good for u..........the FRC is he BEST mod u can due to the "s" IMHO! the fuel screw is a longer T handle screw for adjustment, stock screw u need a little screw driver, It is helpful....probably order it from tt. go to the jetting info under the Drz forum and it will help on your finale jetting set up.......... oh and hang on!!!! the carb wakes the bike up big time! :cry: :cry:

What you need depends on what they are giving you

My FCR from Sudco for $600 included cables, choke, E adapter on the engine side since I already had the E boot from my Edelbrock (but they have S adapter as well), and the had the S Bellmouth on the other side so it bolted right up to my Airbox boot, Got the extended fuel screw separate as well as a JD needle jet kit separately. My stock S cables (CA E) did not work and I actually had to change the throttle as well. It wouldnt open the carb all the way no matter how I adjusted it so I got the motion pro throttle. Later I got the E Airbox boot since I needed that for the POwer NOW. It screams now!

Hi Jsuhr,

I agree with you on the throttle. I too have had the issue of the carb not opening enough. I got round it in a pretty "Heath Robinson" way though. Using "S" cables I removed the closing cable, and then used the cable retainers that should be for the closing cable. This took up most of the slack. I then modded the S throttle tube to allow it to turn further in the housing (about 1/3rd instead of a 1/4). This seems to have done the trick. I did this as a short term fix to try the carb out. I'll get new cables and throttle tube to finish it off properly when I'm happy the carb is performing correctly.

$700 bucks?!?!?

Damn that seems like a lot of money for a carb. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: enjoy it! :cry:

Actually, I paid $525. The $700 was what Sudco told me over the phone. I always assumed that the additional $200 was for the choke, figuring that was the reason many decided to forgo the choke. Turns out that it was a $30 adder. The carb kit alone was $495.

I guess that I was not very clear. FWIW -I have since seen posts indicating that the prices of CPW and Sudco should be the same. But it was not the case for me.

-Mike