Sign in to follow this  

Johnson Valley 10/23-10/24

Gonna be heading out there for the weekend with some family. Anyone else going that weekend?

I'll be out there that weekend at the 100's MC National Hare&Hound. This will be staged at Anderson Dry Lake. Where are you going to stage?

We're going to stage @ Soggy Dry Lake. I was thinking of heading over to Anderson and checking out the race on Saturday.

Hope to see you. I don't know if I'll be spending the weekend there or just going both Sat. and Sunday. I will be staging at Anderson. I have a red Dodge Dakota and will be riding the CRF. I'll check closer to hopfully meet somewhere. Will try to make it over to Soggy after the races, what will your camp look like?

I have a red toyota pickup and my mom has a dark green Tacoma pulling a flat bed trailer. My aunt and uncle are going, they have an F350 crew pulling a Warrior 5th wheel. Dunno how many other people are going yet. We usually camp on the north side of the lakebed.

Do you regear your 250X for dez races? I'm kicking around entering the noobie class on Saturday.

No, mine is stock gearing. I am 49 and this goes as fast as I need it to. IN my youth, ya it would be geared for speed but not high enough that I would have to cluth to much in the tight sandwashes. At times on the flat areas I reach for another gear but the bike goes fast enough for me now. Any faster and I probably would get into trouble. I was racing district in the 70's and again when I was in the VET class. Hurt my back and quit racing (not riding). I am now thinking about going back next May, when I turn 50, and race (ride) in the over 50 class. If I don't see you before the race good luck :cry: and have fun, the 100's always put on a good race. I probably will get out early in the morning and run the course before the start (since I am not racing this is OK). What bike will you be riding and what color is your riding gear. I will be running around the course as a spectator, hope to whoop :cry: it up when you go past.

I'll be riding my ancient XR (assuming I do enter) and my gear is kinda mixed, black pants and boots, black/clear fox chest protector, helmet is white HJC w/ red and yellow graphics. Jersey varies.

that weekend there is a party /ride off powerline road at cougar butte called the NBF i have heard that alot of people go so i'm going to check it out i will have both my XL600 and my quad ltz 400 maybe i will see someone there

I'll keep my eye open. I'll be wearing a dark multi-colored helmet, white jersey w/ a blue chest protector, red/blue riding pants and blue boots. If it is cold I will be wearing a green jacket. Not many CRF250X out there so the bike will probably be easy to find.

Yea I should be pretty easy to spot as well. Not gonna many bikes of that era out there.

I'm heading out this afternoon. Decided not to race tho, I'm just going out to ride.

Sorry I missed you, did not get over to Soggy. I was at both Sat. and Sun. races. Rode both courses and they were both fun. Sat course was an easy one. Sundays National was just another 100's National - fun, rocky and technical with a few fast valley runs thrown in. People that were finishing the race looked beat-up. Hope you had a good time out there, I sure did.

I ended up just riding with the family the whole weekend. Saw one of the Hare and Hound checkpoints, but didnt ride down to it. I wanted to ride over to the start, but didnt have anyone who wanted to go and I dont think anyone else had the range to make it there and back.

I'm glad I decided not to race on Saturday. Took the bike for a spin to get it good and warmed up and about a half mile up the hill the bike started to bog. Thought it was just that the sand got deeper so I downshifted. I came back to camp and my aunt pointed out that my bike was dumping gas out the overflow. So I had the joy of taking off the stupid dual carbs and retrieving a grain of sand from one of the float needles. Needless to say it would have sucked to have started the race and not noticed the problem then ran out of gas halfway through.

i was there for the weekend at the NBF.... had a great time rode to slash x sat.... then rode over to soggy found what i thought was a race course but didn't see anyone racing think i was too far away or an old course