Sign in to follow this  

Using Clutch through Woops

I've got to say this is a very difficult technique.

I've been trying it through a tough section of woops. It's hard enough just to hold on to the bars much less grab some clutch and more throttle.

I use the clutch with my middle and ring fingers, but it's still hard to do in the middle of woops.

I guess I just have to keep practicing...

As far as I can see -

Other than to flip over the frontw, what is the reason for doing any clutching in them?

Yeah, you shouldnt hvae to clutch it in the whoops. You should already be WFO. Also when clutching try using your pinkie and your ring to hold the bars and use your pointer and middle. or just your pointer for the clutch. If you cant clutch it with just one finger maybe you need a sofer setup(longer lever) or some cable lube.

It’s actually easy for any seasoned pro to jump through the whoops while using this clutch technique. You wouldn’t necessarily use the clutch when skimming the whoops but the proper controlled use of the clutch will allow you to have better timing and control at delivering just the right amount of power to the rear wheel when it is compressed in the troughs of the whoops. This will give you better jumping control out of the whoop so you can land just where you want from there and so on. In order to do this properly you have to be able to hold onto the grip and use the clutch independently. Many pro riders will hold onto the grip with two fingers and use the clutch with two fingers. Many other pros will hold onto the grip with three fingers and use the clutch with one finger. I like this way better because I have more strength holding onto the grip with three fingers and if I keep my clutch cable well maintained it’s easy enough to operate it with one finger. I use my index finger. Whatever combinations of fingers you prefer is up to you but this technique is a must for any pro.

This very same clutch technique should also be used while riding most of the course. You should use it exiting corners and on jumps where you have a short approach. It’s also beneficial when landing from a jump in order to get more power to the rear wheel and accelerate faster. When using the clutch as mentioned in all the above it’s used more like a trigger, you don’t really slip it much accept maybe a little more when hitting a jump right out of a corner.

Being able to hold onto the grips and use not only the clutch but also the front brake is a much do for any serious motocross or off-road competitor.

I don’t want to sound like too much of a salesman but that’s another thing that my Semics Forearm Developers are designed to help riders do. If you really want to master this technique fast check them out at www.mxraceschool.com.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: