Sign in to follow this  

E Headlight Bulb

Ok I searched and looked at serveral pages and never really found what I want to know. I want to put an aftermarket bulb in my 2000 DRZ 400 E as I would like to but a blue one in there. I have heard of people putting the PIAA's in the S but I was wondering about the E as I think it still has a 55 watt one not the 35W used on later years. Is the bulb H3 for some reason I was thinking it was but anyway what size is it and can I Replace it with a different one? I like the white blueish look and don't ride that much at night just around the yard and on my driveway so I want to be able to see but wouldnt mind giving up a tiny bit of light but not much to have it look blueish. If it is H3 like I'm thinking will this bulb work? http://www.cardomain.com/item/EURH3LXC I don't want a PIAA as I looked at them for my car and lots of people said they were burning out after about 6 months and with the cars they are some of the ones that reflect when it rains and actually put out less light that stock ones with one of there bulbs.

If you have the glass lens then yes you can run a 55W bulb without worry. Any higher and you may run a risk of reflector damage because of the small internal volume.

I think I have the glass but I'm not sure. Will that bulb work? I'm more worried about it not fitting into the socket or the wiring being different. What bulb do I need for it? I am pretty sure my current one is 55W so I think it should be fine.

I think its a H3C. Locally we have Phillips and PIAA bulbs to fit for that ultra super duper white blinding glare! :cry:

I'm in the midst of getting a pair for my 2000 glass headlight. 12v55w. Let you know ASAP if its the correct one! :cry:

Damn I wish they made it as simple as cars are where you just get a size bulb that you can get anywere and put it in but I doubt the did. I probably will have to end up keeping my stock one I would just like to have a blue one in there and I don't care if it is street legal since It will only be ridden off road so I could go really blue if I can find a bulb that will fit.

Here ya go. H3C is the one.

bulbs1.jpg

bulbs2.jpg

bulbs3.jpg

bulbs4.jpg

bulbs5.jpg

The blue ones are some made in Japan H3C bulbs that I bought off them. Sales person was dead sure it was "super white" as listed on the box. Juz tried them and they aren't really very WHITE white. Still has the hint of orange in them... disappointing... :cry:

Cool where did you get them and how much? Do you want to sell the other one? Do you have an pics of it on? Is it blue or just a little white with some yellow? Man I wanted either that Eurloite one or the Eurolite Super Plasma or a Farenheit one but oh well. Anyone have any pics of an H3 bulb to compare to the H3C?

I paid S$15 for the pair. That works out to abt US$8.88 and I don't think its feasible for me to send it over... WAYYYY too far! :cry:

There's not hint of blue @ all. White with slight orangy colour. Not exactly the white I'm looking for...

I just want to find a replacement bulb for my 2000E that puts out a lot more light than the stocker and I really don't care what the color is.

Anyone know an easy replacement?

Thanks!

Jim

Ok $15 isnt bad but I don't wont them if they still look yellow or orange. I want them really white and would kind of like them blueish but I would take pure white.