Sign in to follow this  

Resetting suspension to factory settings.

Does anyone have some suggestions for setting a suspension back to near factory to start tuning from there. Something like all compression settings turn full soft and X clicks back. I have a CRF450 I bought used and need to get to a stable setting to start from. Right now any change and it gets twitchy.

If the suspension has been reworked, stock isn't going to be stock. You could try clicking everything out 12-15 clicks, soften it up. Then click in until you only slightly bottom the suspension on the biggest hits. The springs rates may not match your weight. Whenever someone selling a bike advertizes, "reworked suspension", I always think, reworked for who, and by whom. What do they weigh, how do they ride? Soften it up, go from there is what I'd try. Just my two cents.

I picked it you from a dealer, so I didn't know about the suspension mods untill I took my forks to a local pro to have new seals put in. He's the one who told me it'd been revalved and resprung after he saw the inside of my forks. :cry: