Sign in to follow this  

Dirt-Bikes & Snowmobiles

I know we all ride bikes (well most of us) but how many of you snowmobile. I do and I try to ride the bike in the winter when I feel brave. I have had cars stop and watch me when I was on my bike in the winter on the farm I was working at. It is alot like riding in mud so I thought it was good training. I would ride my old RM 125 SLINGSHOT every day of the year untill I got a snowmobile.

If it snowed more than once every 2 years here I would definately have a snowmobile! they are alot of fun.

Last winter we had an intense ice storm, 3-4 inches of ice on the bottom, a foot of snow on top of that, then another 1-2 inches of ice on top of that, when everyone with a quad was out playing on the street one night I was the only one out on a 2 wheeler flying around sideways making an ass of myself :cry: it was managable in the fields but when I got on the road it was just an ugly sight lol, this is with a tire thats worn down to the knub by the way :cry:

Later,

Dan

*edit* i figured I should clarify, intense ice storm FOR OREGON lol, I get maybe 3-4 inches of snow a year if im lucky

With close to 6 months of winter each year and up to 200 inches of snow, no choice but to own a snowmobile if you want to get out.

I have a Yamaha Mountain Max 600 which is great for exploring the back country in the deep powder....almost time to put the bike away and fire up the ol' sled! :cry:

I ride sleds. Well the wife and I do. I ride a Polaris RMK 800 with a 151" track and she rides a Ski-Doo Summit 700 with a 151" track. They are both for sale if you know anyone interested... Going to just do the dirt bike thing. :cry:

I ride sleds as well. I used to have a Polaris RMK but with all the tree huggers in the area you have to travel a bit to find good riding. I gave up the sled due to upkeep costs and the fact that I was speding more time on skis than on the sled. Had to make a choice, dirt bikes or sleds...I like the dirt bikes more. Sleds are cheaper to rent that to own for me due to the lack of time I spent riding the one I had. But they are a damn good time though!!! :cry:

i have the movie slednecks y2k, it looks like fun, too bad we get a heavy snow like every 2 years.

I live in Ontario and we get lots of snow. I have a Ski-Doo MXZ 440 and a Polaris Indy 500. The snow stays for about 3 months and I ride every day.

I have a Polaris Frontier 784cc 4-stroke sled, not very fast top-end but its a great backwoods trail sled, also got a 488cc Indy Trail, can't wait for some good snow :cry:

I don't ride the bike in the winter months, there are some ice races over the border in Nova Scotia though.

A major annoyance is the growing number of people who drive Atvs on the groomed snowmobile trails, especially if its warm and the tires break through the crust, the ruts left by them make it dangerous and usually if you catch up to them they are spinning sideways uphill in 4wd at about 5mph :cry:

When you live in Northern MN you'd better snowmobile, or you're in for a long winter.

Here's mine, getting a bit long in the tooth, but I still have fun everytime out...

xlt%20storm2%202004.jpg

I love my snowmobiles!!! As soon as there is snow on the mountains, the bikes get put away and the sleds come out to play! :cry:

I have a couple of snowmobiles, A Arctic Cat King Cat 900, and a Polaris RMK 800. The snow gets too deep around here, to ride a bike, and there is a lot of country to see on a snowmobile. I have been tempted on selling the sleds and just biking though. :cry:

I ride sleds also. I bought the sled I have now in July- its an 01 700 RMK 144". Can't wait to get it out in the snow for the first time! I've only been sledding for 3 years now, and it's going to be a whole new world on the RMK- I'm coming off a 95 Phazer II! :cry:

Here are some pics of my new sled.