Sign in to follow this  

Wihat other pilot jets will fit my 520sx???

Was going to change the pilot jet on my 02 520sx from a #48 to a #50.Trying to rid the low end hesitation.Went to the local Kaw.,Hon.,Suz. dealer trying to find the same style jet.We couldn't find the same pilot jets.

Does anyone have a part# from these other brands or will another type work.we wre looking at the Honda crf since they both use the cfr carb. but ,they are different also.

Thanks

DEA

Should be standard Keihin jets. I use the ones from my 2 stroke and 4 stroke KTM carbs in both bikes. Maybe try Sudco.

03' and earlier four strokes take a different pilot jet than the 04' and later, same as many of the Kehin CV carbs on a lot of street bikes, including Harleys. 04' and later take the same style pilot as the two strokes. I'll see if I can dig up a picture showing the difference.

The N424-21-xxx is for late models. The N424-25-xxx is what you are looking for for your 02'.

03' and earlier four strokes take a different pilot jet than the 04' and later, same as many of the Kehin CV carbs on a lot of street bikes, including Harleys.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the carbs had changed in 04.

thanks guys

I called Sudco earlier and was told that the n424-25 was the only one that would work

now to find some

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the carbs had changed in 04.

My '03 had the newer pilot jet in it.Of course,some of the '03 models probably got the "older" style pilot jets.

This site has sketches of all the (pilot)slow jets.I think they used to get the 15mm pilot,or atleast my old DRZ did.