Sign in to follow this  

power now valve

has anyone ever put a power now valve on their kx250f...any problems out of it..how much performance did it give u..thanks

I have had it on all my 250 F's. It is not a valve though. I have found that it does increase my low end throttle responce. There is no gain above 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. No problems. Jetted richer on the pilot.

My friend had one and it didn't do much. From what they claim the air is supposed to accelerate in the chamber therefore allowing more air into the engine. Honestly, if that is indeed the case you're better off cutting out the airbox screen. It'll give you the same (at least a very similar) effect for literally pennies.

I installed the second generation P/N on my Yamaha 01 WR with a 03 YZ cam. The change in low to mid was great. Other riders and myself that rode the bike noted it pulled much harder in the lower revs. I am thinking of putting one on my ported KXF, which has tons of mid and high but lacking in the low end.

Merlinn

OK, Today I ordered a power now for my KXF I will give my opinion on it next week.

Merlinn

I just installed a new power now in my KXF. The first impression, around the driveway etc., seems snappier off the bottom. Weather permitting, I hope to take it to Hangtown on Wednesday for a good test. I really had to control the throtle coming off lower rpms out of corners. I hope this corrects that issue, it really did a great job on my YZed WR

Merlinn

Thanks for the updates merlinn, please keep them coming. I am a newbie and stay mostly in the lower rpm range and I have been thinking about one of those gadgets myself.

I rode it once for a very shot time, veeery nice. Seems more like fuel injection, very clean bottom end to the strong mid and high. I had a great experiance with a power now on my WR an it seems as though it works here too. I understand the principal, I will give it a go run tomorrow.

Merlinn