Sign in to follow this  

Watched my first SuperMoto the other day(on TV)

I wondered &%$#@! it was all about after seeing pics you guys posted of your supermoto modded bikes. I was impressed with what the racing is about...Jumps/Dirt and Pavement on the same course - that is cool.

I did notice that it looked like all the bikes were almost identical KTM models - &%$#@! is up w/that?

sponsorship maybe

you might have seen a KTM cup race or something like that

what you saw was the "unlimited" class.the ktm 525 is the only competitive bike int hat class.if you watched the second half hour you would have seen the "450" class.the honda dominates that class. :cry:

travis pastrana is riding one.he had a top 10 finish on it in nashiville wich was the race you watched.

as soon as the rmz is up and ready i doubt you will see a drz in pro supermoto any more.

i will still be on mine. :cry:

as soon as the rmz is up and ready i doubt you will see a drz in pro supermoto any more.

Only bike in the pack that is running the same exact design after almost 5 years. Truely amazing its still used for "Pro" anything. Had a good run though didn't it? :cry:

mine is still plenty effective for my ability and the local scene.

even the modified 450's only slightly pull me down the longest straight we have.most of the time we dont run that straight if the dirt section is used.

considering i weigh 230lbs,im pleased.

At our local track and races there are plenty of DRZ's racing. :cry:

im the lone guy here.thats cool with me.i pride my slef on being different.

Although so many people cant understand the whole Blue zooki thing... Thats why my S had to be Blue. :cry:

Funny cause a lot of the time I wear a light windbreaker while riding which says "Honda" and I ride a Blue Suzuki.

So no one ever knows the truth till they read "Suzuki"...

Is it a Yamahama? A Blue Honda? Or something else? :cry: :cry: :cry: