Sign in to follow this  

Classic Favorites - Old Pics

These can be trivia questions if you want but I am posting these because I think they are a few of the better ones of the shots I have digitized so far. If you miss the obvious ones then you can't read!! :cry:

competition.jpg

17.jpg

wheelie.jpg

Sweeper.jpg

1.jpg

Every pic I ever see of Glover his bars always look bent. I didn't remeber Tripes being so chubby, either. :cry:

Pictures 1 and 3 were from the '78 National in Herman NE. The other 3 were from the '77 National in St. Joseph, MO. The number 4 and 5 shots are in the exact same turn. Hannah got by me before I was ready but I like the idea of looking over his shoulder as he went by wide open.

All of the pics I have posted here have been intentially kept low resolution. To give you an idea of how much better the originals are, this is a just a glimpse of what I have to play with on my end from this same shot of Hannah.

Hand.jpg

Talk about W :jawdrop:W :cry::cry:

I can see the grain structure in the original film before it pixelates. I am going to do something to get these historical images to a wider audiance eventually but for now I am having fun re-discovering what I have. :cry:

You're the MAN! Thanks!

I met Marty Smith when I was a little kid and I thought he was just the greatest thing...but then I only thought that because he was cute and had wavy blonde hair. Gimme a break! I was only 6 or so! :cry:

thumper girl, u ride a 250? that's a pretty big bike, i usually don't see many girls on bikes that big; it's nice to know that there are some out there. :cry:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!!! I love my 250! I'm a tall girl and an advanced intermediate rider so it's perfect for me. I can't stand the wimpy little CRF 230s so many women ride. My Yammie is so much fun, plenty of power but lugs like a tank up the steep stuff.

I would love to get a second bike for the desert. I like my bf's CRF450 a bit more than the WR450 but it doesn't really matter since I can't afford two bikes right now. Rode my dad's KTM 525 and was very impressed with it, until I heard how much they cost. :cry::cry:

u gotta love those price tags, i have an rmz 250 myself, too bad we don't have any desserts here in CT but we do have lots of powerlines and state forests :cry:, just don't tell officer friendly :cry:

To Chiefan,Johnnyofast & the others,my brother Cowpoo turned me on to you guys the other day and i,m glad he did. I think what you are doing is fantastic.I look forward to more.

Great shots Chief!

The bikes of the 70's were so much cooler than now!

They all looked different, now they are just different colors!I love my vintage maico's.

i live in glastonbury which is about 10-15 minutes away from hartford. i have no clue where shelton is. We ride mostly powerlines and the state forests. Oh ya, gas lines too but those usually connect with the powerliens.

I still have and wear my Hi-Points from the 70's. Dang, I'm old. :cry: