Sign in to follow this  

Thor Force Knee Guards

I just bought a pair. I was picking some parts up at my local shop and saw them. They look really comfortable and look like they provide good protection above and below the knee, so I bought them. Have any of you tried them?

i have a pair and they dig into my leg at the bottom of them, went back to my old shin guards! :cry:

Maybe they'll fit you better?

uh oh.....thanks. I didnt try them yet. I always used the $20.00 knee/shin guards in the past....I just got caught up in the moment at the store. I had to buy something...and they were the first cool thing I saw. I can always take them back if I dont wear them. Thanks...anybody else?

I like mine, taken some good hits on the knee. There

was an issue I saw posted before about them digging in like desto

mentioned. They fit me fine though.

In the past people have been cut pretty bad by the Thor Force knee guards. I believe they were redesigned in 2004 and hopefully they got rid of the sharp part on the knee cup that was cutting people.

I have a pair of the older style before the redesign, and I have been cut by them before. BUT, it wasn't a serious cut and I was better off in the wreck with the kneeguards on than I would have been without them.

Some people have used zip ties and rubber tubing to soften the sharp edges on the kneeguards. See this thread for more info:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB10&Number=769865

And also, they can be uncomfortable. I've found that if you pull them up a few inches higher than you think they need to be while putting them on, they are more comfortable after settling on your legs. Otherwise they tend to sink down a little low and dig into your shins.

I still wear them on occassion, maybe you need more meat on your legs! 6'3" long thin legs, or maybe it's because my Ti rods down my shins? :cry: There are almost like a knee brace as to where it actually stops you from hyper ext. on the knee! Maybe i'll try to add some padding on the bottom of them for my skinny legs!

I have the force guards. One thing you will find is that on the back of your knee where it bends and comes together, you will develop a rash type deal there. Trick is to put on socks that goes past ur knees. If not cut the end of a sock off, fold it over and sew it in a couple of places. Then just wear it in that spot so you dont get a rash :cry:

I love mine. Protect VERY GOOD!!!!!!!! The3y are big though. Put on your socks, guards, then your riding gear.

Desto,

Do you have the redesigned ones? I checked the thor website http://www.thormx.com/product.jsp?group=MX-GEAR&ms=1 and mine look just like the ones in the picture, which look just like the ones with the tubing zip-tied to the edge in the link above?? I guess I'll give them a try tomorrow and modify them if they start hurting.

Thanks for the replies!

Mike