Maxxis IT 120/19 is a big .......

This sucker is a monster.........just put it on and had to move to the wheel almost all the way to the rear just so the tire wouldn't rub the shock guard. It is a big beeotch! It absolutely dwarfs my old michelin 120/90. Doesn't rub anywhere (yet!), guess I'll find out for sure this weekend. ?

The diameter is still 90, right? Should be wider, but not taller.

The 120 portion is the width measured in MM. The 90 portion is profile and is a percentage of the width. So would a 120 width would measure 108mm from bead to max diameter. Where a 110/90 would be 99mm in profile from bead to max diameter.

Why they do it that way I have absolutely no idea ?

And the whole thing is kind of subject to Manufacturers trends too. Maxxis/Cheng Shin have always run big size wise. Yokahama woud also be one that runs larger than average.

Not to mention the acutal knob size is larger too.

Dood, this thing is bodasious!. It is at least an inch taller and half an inch wider than the Michelin! I straddled the bike after putting it on and almost dumped it! (vertically challanged). I figured that there would be no problem since it was the "same size", but I guess tires are like shoes........every manufacturer has their own specs. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend. I think my main problem will be keeping the front end on the ground! ?

I dunno about Shawn's but mine kicked ass! I should have a few available in a couple weeks, powder coated, height adjustable, delrin pad.

Checked the valves, washed the bikes and popped on 2 fresh IT's on about an hour...tires were cold and I use 2 bead locks.

Changing a tire on the ground or on a bicket/trashcan sucks once youve used a tire stand/changer...