Sign in to follow this  

What is the best 2-stroke bike?

Is it just me or is there a snot nosed little $%$#@ on this site???? YOU NEED TO FIND A TWO STROKE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

boy is that a loaded question. Did you forget ur on a 4 stroke forum? Everyone's going to have a jaded opinion on this one.

My opinion, it has to be the 1998 and newer CR500. There are only a handful of MEN with the brass nuts necessary to throw a leg over the big 500. Anyone who has ridden one (and I mean ridden, not blipped thru the gears,I'm talkin WFO!)knows the sheer terror this bike creates! Absolutely the BIGGEST stab of adrenaline you can get for the money. :cry:

There are only a handful of MEN with the brass nuts necessary to throw a leg over the big 500. Anyone who has ridden one (and I mean ridden, not blipped thru the gears,I'm talkin WFO!)

damn right those things are fast. i ridding a ice ready one and those things are scary fast. took me time to get use to it, i also only got it 3rd or 4th pinned but what a rush. :cry:

If you're man enough, a KX500. It can grunt like a four-stroke down low, yet scream until you scream on top.

I wish they still made that beast!!! I want one for my garage!! ANyway, right now I would say the YZ and RM 250 are both fantastic bikes right now... I think I read the yamaha is slightly edging out on power but the RM is a slightly better bike for the lower cost.

With all due respect, and as a former CR500 owner, I find the phrases "The CR500AF is the only modern chassis using the powerful and easy to ride CR500 2-stroke engine" and "Service Honda has created the most versatile motorcycle on the planet." a bit oxymoronic.

Ride that biotch in the tight woods :cry: :cry:

Just a FYI, the CR500 from 97 on is the same. The suspension upgrade came in 97, nothing else ever changed except graphics.

I love my cr500, you can gear it to do 95 mph+ and never loose that hit!

A modded 650R will take a KX500 above around 50 mph... :cry:

What about the corner that came up at 40mph??.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:..The side of yer brainbucket would have roost on it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WR/CR/KX 500 :cry:

As long as I am able to get a 500 or bigger 2 stroke, thats what I will be riding :cry: :cry: :cry:

I dunno why people say they are so scarey, once you learn to tame them they are the greatest bikes on the planet! Cept' fouled plugs...

Later,

Dan