Sign in to follow this  

anyone use bridgestone tires?

do any of you guys use bridgestone tires? i am have been looking into the 401 front and 402 rear and the 601 front and 602 rear, do any of you guys have any expirences with these tires? i ride mostly hard pack mx tracks, i want something that will hook up but something that will last too. i really like the dunlop 756 but it wears out to fast.

my friend got a bridestone tire on his yz 125 and he only put 3 rides on it and it already really round so its time to flip,But it hooked up great. i will never buy them because they wear out fast.

I had the 602 rear and it starts chunking knobs after 3 rides. I have a 402 on now and it appears to be wearing better. I ride mostly hardpack.

If you think the 756's wear out fast then you will be very disapointed in the Bridgestones. I've had 2 sets of them (because that's what come on my KX's). I like my Dunlops much better. I've ran 739, 756 and 773's. All are good tires in my opinion.

i have been using the maxxis it. rear, it is an ok tire but nobody around here sells them and i have to mail order them. i may just go back to using the dunlop 756, i love the traction i get from that tire even though it wears quickly.

i have been using the maxxis it. rear, it is an ok tire but nobody around here sells them and i have to mail order them. i may just go back to using the dunlop 756, i love the traction i get from that tire even though it wears quickly.

The best hardpack tire we ever used was a Bridgestone M22. $48. from Chaparral. The next best was a Kenda Carlsbad.

We used the 401/402 and it was ok but not as good as the mags said. We just got rid of a Michelin s12 because it chunked on the hardpack. Since we ride in conditions that can range from 6 inches of mud in the morning to hardpack in the afternoon, we usually go for intermediate tires. We also blew up a well used 756 (stock on the crf250r) after landing a really long (90ft) jump. Just put on a Michelin MH2. There may be other ones that are great also but we haven't tried them.

The best intermediate rear tyre I've tested is the M26 Bridgestone. It's terrible on hardpack, but excellent on soft to mid.

The M59 front was also very good for the same situations.