Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125L oil

i just bought a 01 TTR 125L and i was told by the old owners that you change the oil evry 25 hours i was wondering if thats right or what?

That would be ok but I change mine every 4-5 rides. That for me would be about 8-15 hours the bike takes 1 litre so why not change it often. Sometimes I change it every other ride when cleaning my air filter. I use Yamalube 20W-40 and when it' colder out I use Yamalube 10W-30. :cry:

I live in Canada (assuming you are in the states) and here the oil is 5-6 buks a litre or $20 for a 4litre jug. So the oil in the U.S should be around 3-5 buks. For the filter I think the belray solution works good some say that diesel fuel works good to. You have bought a good bike and I think you will love it. :cry:

I dont think its good to clean it with gas. I use PJ1 filter cleaner and then run it under hot water. What if anything did they do to the bike, free mods ect...

After researching 4-stroke motorcycle oils, I've decided to go with AMSoil 10-40 and 20-50 synthetics. It's designed to be motorcycle wet-clutch-compatible, and has a reasonable cost per-quart. (about $6).