Sign in to follow this  

BBR 150 Kit with cam.

Has anyone used one of these 150 kits with the cam. What other mods were required? Are they reliable?

I recently installed the BBR high-flow filter, BBR 150cc big bore kit with cam, BBR-Keihin 26mm carb/throttle, and BBR exhaust.

I can't speak to the kit's reliability yet, as it has only been ridden a few times so far (just got the bike done). But no problems have been encountered yet. I plan to change the oil early-and-often, due to the additional engine stress. The bike sounds pretty gutsy with the new pipe, and revs quickly.

I did have the bike profesionally re-jetted (erring on the side of a rich setting), after all my mechanical mods were done, just to make sure I don't fry cylinder/piston. :cry:

The bike is a blast to ride (also has their suspension and a Acerbis DDH headlight).

My bike has all the same mods except the 150 kit and cam. 150cc kit next on the list. I'm having trouble jetting the BBR Carb to the 125cc. Down low is ok but mid to top end is a problem currently 110 main jet going to try 108 or 112. what jet combo have you gone for.

I have a 2000 TTR125 with the BBR 150 kit with cam, and the 26mm carb. It was installed in 2000 and to this day it still starts first kick and runs good. The only think im having a problem is the jetting or it may be a dirty carb. It is missing at high speeds while revving. But yes I will be refreshing the motor soon when i get the money, but the bike still runs good. The kit and motor are bullet proof! Go for the 150 with cam kit. It's awesome!! :cry: