Sign in to follow this  

best pipe for tt-r 125l

i was wondering if there was any suspension upgrade for the tt-r 12l i was also wonder what was the best pipe?????

Go to www.ttr125l.com and look at EVERYTHING! Definately one of the best dirtbike information sites ever made. I would HIGHLY suggest the airbox mod. :cry: Hope this helps.

thanks for da help but how do u do the airbox mod and what do u think of the bbr big bore kit with cam??

BBR heavy duty fork springs and shock spring- easy to install and worth every penny.

I've got the FMF powercore 4 pipe and I'm really happy w/ it (one of the cheapest ones out there)

For the airbox mod...the website mentioned above has detailed intructions. All you've got to do is pull of the seat and cut the top out of the airbox. BBR recommends doing this when installing their free flow air filter kit.

BBR pipe hands down. more power than everything but the engines only but its only a fraction of a horse diffrence. the airbox mod is cutting out the inside of the square on the top of the airbox.

on the dyno, the M4 or the BBR rock the others. That FMF has a HUGE baffle that needs removing. Then, it's quite competitive.

Douglasfur can you be a little more specific about the baffle that needs removed from the fmf pipe? Is it better to just replace it?

The stock pipe uncorked is pretty damn good and a helluva lot cheapper than an over priced aftermarket pipe. I can feel a difference in power just by uncorking the stock one.

Take the FMF apart and there's a HUGE chunk of plain steel baffle in the middle of the muffler. Use a dremel and carefully cut the whole piece out, then re-pack the muffler like a race pipe and voila 2-3HP gains over un-modded. Mind you now only legal for closed course competition and substantially louder.

The stock pipe uncorked is pretty damn good and a helluva lot cheapper than an over priced aftermarket pipe. I can feel a difference in power just by uncorking the stock one.

You will notice a big power increase if your air box is opened up and your jetting is done. But, and this is a big but, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A SPARK ARRESTER :cry: if you remove the stock baffle. Not sure if you saw a post a week or so ago, someone got blamed for starting a fire and fined major $$$$$$ Talking in the millions.

Fryboy

I just did this last night. Man, its a bunch of work. you have to unscrew the screws near the front and beat off (good one) the canister from the pipe. then the rivits need drilled out and you have to pound out the back pieces from the front. the piece he is talking about is the only thing in the center of the canister that gets in the way of airflow. its basically a pipe that continues all the way through the canister with this deflector plug right in the middle that forces the air around to the outside. This plug needs to go. I pounded out the whole mounting fins with the plug but it would probably be better to just remove the center plug with a dremem.

It has a much more open header sound now that sounds out of control. I'll try the seat of the pants dyno tonight to see if it has much more power. I'm not sure I would recommend this because the value of the pipe is next to nothing now and it's real loud. If i had it to do over again i'd sell it on ebay and pick up a wb r4 here on tt.

Good job hart! It was a huge pain, and if we didn't already have the used FMF, we would just have gotten the R4. It's actaully the same can as a YZF250. This pipe is the best for extensive motor mods.