Sign in to follow this  

future technology of 2and4 strokes?

I dont think fuel injection performs as good as regular carburators.

thank you, i agree. not on dirtbikes...

Go ride a new GasGas 450fse, I bet you'd change your opinion of fuel injection on a dirtbike.

badbird, i see u got a ktm. too bad my friend lost that race on his sx (we're going back for round 2 on the street monday :cry:) the sad part is that an rmz 250 will out pull an rm250 on the bottom 3 gears. When u do hit powerband on the rm it will catch up quickly and eventually pass the rmz. Unfortunately u won't have much of a chance to hit that powerband in ur upper gears on the trail.

First of all,that is my son on his 65sx :cry:..Second:..If the RMZ will outrun an RM(both 250's)in the first three gears why isnt Suzuki using them in the 250 supercross series??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

some 4 strokes already compare with 2 strokes, i got a rmz 250 myself which weighs 204 lbs. my buddies sx 125 (that's a ktm for those of u who don't know) weighs 203. I'll give up the pound for the low end grunt any day :cry:

You are comparing a 250 to a 125 :lol:...that's cc's for those of "U" who dont know!! :lol: :lol:

who cares about cc's, power to weight ratio is what he was talking about

O....K..then let's compare a rmz250 against a rm250! I wonder which bike would come out on top?? After all who cares about cc's :lol: :lol:

rmz250- 204lbs. rm250- 212lbs. Apples vs. Oranges. The original comparison was between bikes that weighed less than a pound different. By your logic, we might as well compare an xr50 to a cr500. :cry:

:p;)....That was just plain STUPID!!! :cry:;)...and by your logic,we should be comparing an xr500 to a pw50!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

:confused:Since when do an xr500 and a pw50 weigh any where close to the same???? The point I'm making is that you should compare bikes of similar size and weight, not displacement of the engine alone.

Re-read,Re-read,Re-read...... :lol:

some 4 strokes already compare with 2 strokes

:lol:

I happen to own one!...and I'm not bashing them by any means... :cry::lol:

True, it just more things to go wrong, plus if your out in the middle of no place and something goes wrong at least you can fix the carburator. Although i would like to test one.

Titanium frames would't work, the material is too weak for the job, land an 80ft jump and the fame would snap.

I don't remember where I read this but I'm pretty sure that the Marines are making diesel dirtbikes ? Imagine the mpg you could get on a diesel motocycle! Enduro racing would change forever and the race could be won over who didn't pit. lol :cry:

ya i read about those diesels, u'll need like an 18 gear tranny for it. whoever said titanium won't last in a frame because it is too weak is an idiot cuz yamaha already has aluminum frames in their yz's. Last time i checked ti is stronger than steel, and also stronger than aluminum (double check cuz it might've changed :cry:)

I dont think fuel injection performs as good as regular carburators.

thank you, i agree. not on dirtbikes...

Go ride a new GasGas 450fse, I bet you'd change your opinion of fuel injection on a dirtbike.

YES YOU WILL BUDDY! That bike is awesome.

Getting rid of the most finicky part of your bike (carb) is something I can't wait to do! It's cool if you guys like to tinker, I like to ride.....not wrench and adjust.

BETTER LIVING THROUGH TECHNOLOGY! :cry:

P.S. I want someone to come out with the FLEX CAPACITOR for my dirtbike. So when I hit 88mph I can go back in time and race my younger, more foolish self. That way when people say you were probably a lot faster when you were young, I can say,"No....not really......I've always been this slow." :cry:

ya i read about those diesels, u'll need like an 18 gear tranny for it. whoever said titanium won't last in a frame because it is too weak is an idiot cuz yamaha already has aluminum frames in their yz's. Last time i checked ti is stronger than steel, and also stronger than aluminum (double check cuz it might've changed :cry:)

you may be right, but Ti is probably more brittle. Perhaps it wont be pure Ti, but an alloy probably. Yamaha's frame is not 100% aluminum, it is composed of other materials too. If it was pure aluminum it would be too ridgid, and even the most yamaha loving magazine of all time would call it a disgrace to 2-strokes. When Honda released its alum. frame on it's 250 & 125 it didnt get the best reviews.

badbird, i see u got a ktm. too bad my friend lost that race on his sx (we're going back for round 2 on the street monday :cry:) the sad part is that an rmz 250 will out pull an rm250 on the bottom 3 gears. When u do hit powerband on the rm it will catch up quickly and eventually pass the rmz. Unfortunately u won't have much of a chance to hit that powerband in ur upper gears on the trail.

First of all,that is my son on his 65sx :cry:..Second:.. If the RMZ will outrun an RM(both 250's)in the first three gears why isnt Suzuki using them in the 250 supercross series??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Answers:

1. Oh, it's too obvious to state!

2. It's against AMA rules.

However, on a track, average and intermediate riders, (and even some local pros) are faster on a 250 thumper compared to a 2-smoke. This is based on a timed test of these groups in a comparison of YZ250F vs. YZ250 lap times that appeared in an Aussie MX magazine.

First of all,that is my son on his 65sx :lol:..Second:.. If the RMZ will outrun an RM(both 250's)in the first three gears why isnt Suzuki using them in the 250 supercross series??? :cry::lol: :lol:

Answers:

1. Oh, it's too obvious to state!

2. It's against AMA rules.

However, on a track, average and intermediate riders, (and even some local pros) are faster on a 250 thumper compared to a 2-smoke. This is based on a timed test of these groups in a comparison of YZ250F vs. YZ250 lap times that appeared in an Aussie MX magazine.

:lol: :lol: :lol:.....Duhhhh!!!...YZF250 vs. YZ250!...No wonder Allessi(sp) went straight to a 450 :lol: :lol:....and sorry I dont live in "aussie"!! So I dont care what their mag sez!! :cry: :cry:...Reread the post "you "....""""" :lol::cry::lol:

i got a rmz 250 myself which weighs 204 lbs.

dude, you need to recalibrate your scale......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RMZ250= 217 pounds

SX125= 203 pounds

That's not a one pound difference my friend. Besides that, the new YZ125 is even less at 196, making the gap even wider. Four Strokes will never be as light as two strokes simply because of the fact that four stroke engines weigh more then two stroke engines.