Sign in to follow this  

Tail Light Wiring

I've just switched my big, ugly stock "S" taillight for an Acerbis enduro light and I'm wondering how to hook up the wires. Is it possible to buy a connector that's the same as the connector on the stock light or will I need to cut the connector off the old one and connect the wires?

I'm sure most people have done this - but I couldn't find an answer via search.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks. :cry:

Chris

I'm not sure if you can buy the same type of connecter... I just cut my original one off and soldered/heat shrinked the three wires to the new tail light wires... however.. before you solder, make sure you know which wires are which.. the colors were different on my new tail light and I didn't have a wiring diagram.. I just went to the bike and moved the connections around until the light functioned properly, then made the permanent connections..

-Mike

I went to radio shack bought a male and female connector spliced it in to the wiring . Now if for any reason I have to go back to the stock one temporarly all I have to do is plug it back in and bolt up. The only reason I could think of is I ripped the new light off. :cry: