Sign in to follow this  

XR50 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIRING QUESTION!!!

Hey guys, quick question. I took my sons 2000 XR50 completely apart(not engine) and had frame and swing arm and wheels powder coated! I didnt really pay attention to the wiring of the (KEY),(KILL SWITCH), and the (SPARK PLUG) wires. I have the spark plug wires hooked up cause I am getting spark. I wanted to know if this alone will start the bike without the key and kill/run switch hooked up, and if so or if not, how can or do I hook them up correctly. There is a BLACK/WHITE wire coming from both the kill switch and the key, and a GREEN wire coming from each. There is are two BLACK/WHITE wires coming from the engine, and ONE GREEN WIRE with two plug in's! Can someone PLEASE help me and forgive my ignorance, I do not have a manual! God Bless and Thanks :cry:

Do you have a pic of this powder coated?

what is the cost for the frame powdercoating?

send me ur email and I can email you the diagram for the wiring.

I also need help with the wiring diagram. I broke the stock shock and also ripped the ignition module off, and now have no idea how to hook it back up. I was wondering if i could get a copy of the diagram or an explantion of which wires plug in where on the module. Any help would be great!

Plug the black/white wires into the proper receptacles, and plug the two green wires into the double plug. Your ignition will then work, and so will your kill switch. You can elect to skip the ignition wiring, the bike WILL start without it. It ISN'T a good idea to leave the kill switch unhooked, in case of emergency.

You stated that you had the frame powdercoated, it may be necessary for you to grind off the powdercoat where the ignition coil bolts to the frame, for proper grounding of the electrical system. All electrical components should be touching bare metal where they mount to the frame. Also grind off the powdercoat on the inside of the engine mounting holes, for a good engine ground, as well.

who needs a kill switch or a ignition key :D thats why you have a choke :D j/k i lost my key so i took that off then when racing with friends they like to push the kill switch at the start of the race,so that went to.