Sign in to follow this  

Rode CRF Today

I rode a 2004, CRF250R today, all tricked out with race pipes and the works. To my surprise, it was weak. My 2001 YZ250F, had much more power to work with, much more grunt in the bottom end, and in the top. Probably because of the double cam? Anyways, the suspension was good, and it was light. but not the power i wanted. I guess im stickin with the blue! :cry:

The double cam isn't what does it. The whole combo of cam grind and timing, port design, etc. is why. The YZ has the juice, and every dyno comparison I've ever seen says that. Don't know why you're having so much trouble with that, Red Rider.

Maybe it was just that particular bike. I rode an 04 CR250F and liked it. Smooth power, good low end (maybe better) but it seemed a little skittish. That may be because the suspension wasn't broken in. In a short drag through 3 gears my WR was a tad faster but once again his engine wasn't broken in either at only 2 hrs. It is a great bike and so far he hasn't had any oil burning probs. Hope his piston lasts as long as blues. It is a very nice bike but then again so is mine :cry:

Lunchbox8922 writes

I rode a 2004, CRF250R today, all tricked out with race pipes and the works. To my surprise, it was weak. My 2001 YZ250F, had much more power to work with, much more grunt in the bottom end [...]

hondaboy83 writes in return:

I find that hard to beleive lunch box. keep up the good work :cry:

ooops.

in this post

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=RMZ250&Number=1362962#Post1362962

hondaboy83 wrote "The only bike with far more power is the yamaha" during a discussion on the merits of the CRF, KXF, and YZF.

forked tongue disease, perhaps?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

hondaboy83,

I'm interested to see what that chrome frame is all about. Can you post a picture?

2004crf 250: Too Trick Suspension, Fat bars, rad guards, twin air filter, bills pipe, gold chain, pre printed backgorunds. chrome frame, custom bar clamps, Anodized stainless oil filter, 165 main.

I found the same thing on the one I rode. It felt just like the Kawi. It handled well but I didnt feel any power out of corners or anything.

I found the same. Rode a friends 250x a couple of weeks ago and found the power to be pretty boring. It just didn't seem to do anything at all, it handled really well and felt comfortable enough but just lacked the juice. :cry:

I rode my buddies 05 CRF, the suspension was awesome and the bike was light and turned on a dime. Some of my buddies rode both my bike and his bike back to back and also thought my bike has more power but not much. My bike has a Dr. D and power now so I think the honda is getting closer in 05 which goes along with what I've read in the magazines.

how? every magazine that tests the bikes say the same thing. the suspension on the honda's are the [@#$%&*!]. everything else about the bike besides the seat sucks. crf's have no power when compared to yzf's.

shoulda bought a yamaha, hondaboy...

baaahahahahahahaha!!!!

I'm interested to see what that chrome frame is all about. Can you post a picture?

You guys didnt know. Chrome adds about 10HP and also helps aero dynamics. :cry:

Ive ridden Yamis. They are good bikes. I personaly picked the Honda for few reasons, first being I liked the suspension and handling better. The most important reason is because I live in Cali and wanted a green sticker bike though.

how? every magazine that tests the bikes say the same thing. the suspension on the honda's are the [@#$%&*!]. everything else about the bike besides the seat sucks. crf's have no power when compared to yzf's.

shoulda bought a yamaha, hondaboy...

baaahahahahahahaha!!!!

:cry:

damn you guys are hardcore about this ..honda sucks honda sucks honda sucks...it's a pos ....dang we both ride MX..offroad

I have an 01 and mineis green, are the new hondas green or somethin?

All brand new "race" bikes are red sticker with the exception of the Honda CRF250X. Any 01 or older is also green sticker.