Rode CRF Today

I rode a 2004, CRF250R today, all tricked out with race pipes and the works. To my surprise, it was weak. My 2001 YZ250F, had much more power to work with, much more grunt in the bottom end, and in the top. Probably because of the double cam? Anyways, the suspension was good, and it was light. but not the power i wanted. I guess im stickin with the blue! ?

Maybe it was just that particular bike. I rode an 04 CR250F and liked it. Smooth power, good low end (maybe better) but it seemed a little skittish. That may be because the suspension wasn't broken in. In a short drag through 3 gears my WR was a tad faster but once again his engine wasn't broken in either at only 2 hrs. It is a great bike and so far he hasn't had any oil burning probs. Hope his piston lasts as long as blues. It is a very nice bike but then again so is mine ?

Lunchbox8922 writes

I rode a 2004, CRF250R today, all tricked out with race pipes and the works. To my surprise, it was weak. My 2001 YZ250F, had much more power to work with, much more grunt in the bottom end [...]

hondaboy83 writes in return:

I find that hard to beleive lunch box. keep up the good work ?

ooops.

in this post

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=RMZ250&Number=1362962#Post1362962

hondaboy83 wrote "The only bike with far more power is the yamaha" during a discussion on the merits of the CRF, KXF, and YZF.

forked tongue disease, perhaps?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

hondaboy83,

I'm interested to see what that chrome frame is all about. Can you post a picture?

2004crf 250: Too Trick Suspension, Fat bars, rad guards, twin air filter, bills pipe, gold chain, pre printed backgorunds. chrome frame, custom bar clamps, Anodized stainless oil filter, 165 main.

I found the same. Rode a friends 250x a couple of weeks ago and found the power to be pretty boring. It just didn't seem to do anything at all, it handled really well and felt comfortable enough but just lacked the juice. ?

I rode my buddies 05 CRF, the suspension was awesome and the bike was light and turned on a dime. Some of my buddies rode both my bike and his bike back to back and also thought my bike has more power but not much. My bike has a Dr. D and power now so I think the honda is getting closer in 05 which goes along with what I've read in the magazines.

how? every magazine that tests the bikes say the same thing. the suspension on the honda's are the [@#$%&*!]. everything else about the bike besides the seat sucks. crf's have no power when compared to yzf's.

shoulda bought a yamaha, hondaboy...

baaahahahahahahaha!!!!

how? every magazine that tests the bikes say the same thing. the suspension on the honda's are the [@#$%&*!]. everything else about the bike besides the seat sucks. crf's have no power when compared to yzf's.

shoulda bought a yamaha, hondaboy...

baaahahahahahahaha!!!!

?