Sign in to follow this  

Apalachicola Florida

I'm heading down to Apalachicola Florida this weekend to stay at a beach house for a week with the family. We all have dirt bikes and was wondering if it was worth bringing the bikes. Does anyone here have info on places to go riding or trails that are basic enough for children to ride within an hour of Apalachicola? I know I should leave the bike at home and just chill on the beach but I'm not a beach person. If I dont bring the bikes, I'll just play golf.......but riding trails or tracks in a new place just sounds like fun. :cry:

I'm jealous... :cry:

We had reservations at St. George Island the week of September 14th... You know, the week Francis hit...

We had to cancel, but rescheduled for like May or something.

I love that area up there. I hear Apalachicola got hit pretty hard though. But I haven't been up there since last year so I can't verify that.

I don't know anything about the riding either, we always go up to fish. :cry:

I have a house in Carrabelle and the only riding I know of is in the national forest just north of Cbelle and East Point. Although there is miles of trails and sand roads you may have to be street legal. My bike is a dual sport but I have never been check or hardly seen anybody. If you have a handheld GPS its a good thing to have along down there, the forest is huge. Good luck. :cry: