Sign in to follow this  

is there a market for good dualsport art?

guys,

i paint and sell a lot of surf art, but have recently fallen in love with dualsporting with my buds. my question to you all is- is there a market for some good dualsport art(for ex: oil on canvas paintings)?

i have been thinking about diving in to the dualsport world with my art....

my work can be seen at: www.thesurferssoul.com

check it out and let me know if you guys would consider buying stuff of this subject.

WOW man you are really talented! You should definitly paint what you feel , and let it rip! Get in the groove and show us what you got! Who knows? You just may start something cool ! I like mountains , streams , Beer , naked women and dirt bikes! Can you do anything with that? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, there is a market. Let us see it when you've got something. I can picture a stream crossing.

Great stuff man. DS work might sell, have you seen any of

Torturechambers Hawaiian ride pics, some great inspiration.

I second the stream crossing depiction.

In all honesty I would say no, most artsy types consider the motorcyle to be the evil seed of satan, they would probably beat you with synthetic fur until you left. :cry: :cry: :cry:

guys,

my question to you all is- is there a market for some good dualsport art(for ex: oil on canvas paintings)?

there will be after you die :cry: i say go for it you may start something refreshing in the art world.

if people on the board don't buy it no one will. You have my interest.

There is a market. Contact your local dual sport clubs and get in on some rides. Mention it there. It would be a great prize on a poker run or for "points" winners. SOMEONE will buy it if it's good. The market won't be the "artsy" type--it will be dualsport/motorcycle riders

I thought all the good impressionists were long dead.

Very nice work. I like the linear style, even though it is still very painterly. I was wondering if you've done any larger work (like in the 36" to 48" range).

Torturechambers could provide some vivid subject matter. You could do "Sliding off the Kling-on" or "Eating Mud and Bamboo", or perhaps "Drowning in Stream under DRZ". :cry:

I don't know aobut the market for art, but I did one last year anyway.....

break_time.jpg

I like your surf paintings. I would like to see what you come up with for us. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nice work to both of you!! I would buy one! :cry: How about offering to do oils of peoples photos. :cry:

I'm sure alot of us would pay for a action piture of ourselves on our rides!! :cry:

How about offering to do oils of peoples photos.

He does, and has a very fair commission price. :cry: :cry:

Nice work also Brian, I knew you had some artist in you when

you came out with the radiator guards, and the carbon skid is

another great work. :cry: :cry: