Sign in to follow this  

stroking a 150

Has anyone had this mod done. I am wondering if it just turns it into a torque monster thus making it weird to rip around on the motocross track. Do you loose topend and gain bottom and have to ride the bike useing the lowend power? Or is it faster on top any you can rev it out?

My friend did it, but he rides supermoto. But it's always on top and he said it ripped. But he also uses a megaphone exhaust which allows it to rev. He also broke his trans after one ride. (it was a 252cc). On a side note: you can order the 230 crank wheels and use your 150 rod and have a machine shop press it together. It's way way cheaper this way.

Has anyone had this mod done. I am wondering if it just turns it into a torque monster thus making it weird to rip around on the motocross track. Do you loose topend and gain bottom and have to ride the bike useing the lowend power? Or is it faster on top any you can rev it out?

I did it on my 150. Its now a 187. You lose some top end and gain ALOT of bootm end. I raced a blaster down a sraight and both were toped out and i walked away from him slowly. I havnt rode it on the track but it handles the tight trail with ease. IF you get one make sure to go ahead and do the piston and pssibly the Cam too like mine. And make sure you put the stock rev box on. You have to run the stock rev box. Nothing higher than 10000 RPM. :cry: