Sign in to follow this  

Tight single track .. I know your out there.......

Tight single track around Bend, OR. I need em, please share. I have been riding the east fort rock and am on the verge of racing my bike into a bridge embankments. No offense to anyone out there riding a fourwheeler, but damn those trails are boring. Need rocks need ledged and bolders and trees so close together that you need to adjust your controls after each set. Well maybe not that extreme, but I like taking the old bike on most mountain bike trails, when allowed. I used to find alot of multiuse mountain-bike/dirtbike trails when I was living in Colorado. Where are they hiding? I haven’t tried Santiam Pass is that worth it?

If anyone is interested in showing me around, I am going riding this weekend and next weekend and next weekend and next weekend….. If not that is cool too, just point me in the right direction. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer. I just moved to Bend a week ago (don’t worry not from CA, ehheh).

There is some cool stuff at Browns Camp, but to get there you still have to travel on the four wheeler freeways. Most the good stuff is way up on top away from the main staging area

Browns Camp can't hold a candle to where I was in Idaho last weekend riding. That is some tight stuff over there.

Thank you guys so much for the info. I will check them out and see if they quench my thirst.

Head over to the coast... Coos Bay area. If that dosen't quinch your thirst then just keep going west until you hit the islands of Hawaii. Those boys will show you some tight stuff over there. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Ace

McCubbins Gulch has some nice tight trail. Head east on 26 and make a right onto 216. It is about 5-6 miles down 216, on your left. The 10 digit grid coordinate is

T 06218

or you can look into the OMRA website, there are direction and descriptions of a s--tload of trail areas in oregon. McCubbins is tight, it's a blast but watch out for the snow this time of year.

Kevin

Thanks for the info, I think I found it on a map. The closest town looks like Maupin.

Start: Bend, Oregon, United States

End: Maupin, Oregon, United States

Total Distance: 91.1 Miles

Do you know how large the riding area is? I saw a webpage that said there are only about 30 miles of trails (the outdoor lodge ). Does that sound right?

30 miles of trails would be about right. The area is not very big. About 1/3 of the trails were quad worthy and nothing was very technical.

If it's close, it's worth going to once to check it out. It would be a great place to camp & ride with family. There are some nice views of Hood and the best trails are in the northeast corner.

If you're looking for 'You mean to tell me the trail goes where?' Stepup, root infected shoulder checking fun single track then I'd recommend:

Gifford when there's no snow.

Diamond Mill in TSF.

Look up racinace on the coast.

:cry:

- Ryan

That is exactly what I am looking for....

'You mean to tell me the trail goes where?' Stepup, root infected shoulder checking fun single track

You know it Ryan.

I will check those places and see if I can get to them sometime soon. You want in?

Used to be some tight stuff down at the south end of Fort Rock by the Ice Caves staging area. Have you ridden down there? Shotgun Creek over here by Eugene has some tight stuff if you want to come over the hill and ride.

You betcha. Sometime first of November I'd be game to try out some new areas.

I've got some fresh meat on the 450 ready and waiting for the Mud.

- Ryan

Hey George, Here's a link to some info and a pdf map of the Shotgun Creek area.

http://www.edo.or.blm.gov/recreation/shotgun_ohv.htm

Used to be a great riding area of tight twisty hard single track. When I started riding it 15 years ago, I had a 48 mile loop, with only about 3 miles of FR in it.

BLM and the local club ETRA run it now and have cut the trail system way back, but there are still some good sections left I hear. They kept a couple of my trails "The View" and "Zig Zag" on top and "Grapevine" over by Dollar road. These trails should satisfy your need for twistys as there are so many turns you don't get out of 2nd or 3rd gear

cheers, Gary...

I've actually been there twice. First time was just to play around in a bowl of mud that had the consistancy of cream of mushroom soup. :cry:

Second time was a bit after it had rained and the tails were really slick. Lots of hard packed clay. I spent most of the time picking my bike back up.

I really want to go back sometime when it's dry and get a better feel for the area. It's only about ~2hrs away for me.

- Ryan

That is shotgun to a T,,, Not worth the gas if it is wet, or has rained in the last week. Rode it once when dry.. OK for easy riding,, say for jetting runs,, or what ever. There are a few,, hard short sections on a few different trails.. But no hard trails. at least that I could find. :cry:

Sounds like you rode all the trails that BLM kept. the good trails are far away from the stageing areas and they are the ones that got thrown out of the trail plan, so Shotgun has really gotten lame. One of the reasons I quit riding there.