Sign in to follow this  

This Sux!

Well, I was having a great day at the track..

Until this one guy smashed into my bike!!! He was taking the inside of a turn and he cut across the track and smashed his front tire into my bike!!! After the crash the guy hurried up a jumped back on his "undamaged" bike and ran off! All the damage is from his front tire hitting my bike, not the ground. But now im left with a cracked and VERY twisted subframe, broken fender, cracked side panels and number backgrounds (only 4 rides old), a cracked airbox, and a broken off visor on my helmet (which I cant find a replacement anywhere), and some other stuff. :cry:

By the way, If anyone has a subframe for a 2003 CRF450 they want to sell, let me know! Hopefully I can find one on ebay. LOL

P1010231.jpg

P1010228.jpg

P1010230.jpg

P1010229.jpg

P1010227.jpg

I'm pretty sure the 02 and 03 subframes are different. :cry:

Real sorry to hear about your bike. Looking at the photos I'm glad you weren't hurt. Good luck! :cry:

and a broken off visor on my helmet (which I cant find a replacement anywhere)

feels sorry for you and your bike :cry:

Troy Lee Design makes a universal visor and they look very nice and trick, I had one in crome, it fittede great and they ain't that expensive.

Did you try to fight him on the track?

No... he's waiting to get a new subframe so he can take the jacked up one a hit the wreckless (wreckfull?) dude with it.

The 02 subframe won't work unless you weld a new tab on to mount the exhaust can.

One other thing to check real close is the airbox and boot before you put it back together. I'm sure that got stressed out and may have torn the rubber or at least broken the seal on the airboot where it bolts to the airbox.

I have an 03' subrame for $150 shipped. In great shape and straight too. Sorry to here about your collision, 1st ride on my 2003 I was going down some single track andsome novice guy came blazing the other way and slammed into my ride side engine case. He broke the clutch cover, ripped my brake lever off, tranny fluid dripping on the ground. Then his buddy told me it was my fault. Needless to say I got pissed real fast. So I started yelling at his buddy telling him I would kick both their asses.. I don't go back to that riding spot anymore because of head on collisions.. Good luck on getting your bike repaired!

Ive never seen one get hit hard enough to rip the eye out of the mount like that. That just amazes me. Looks like it was a good thing he didnt hit your body!!

How far did it toss you off? By the looks of it, it had to spin you around pretty dang good!

The way it looks (the eye of the subframe) It had to be loose. Its like the head of the bolt wasnt biting the frame enough. Not saying it was your fault or anything, Ive just never seen anything break like that before....not on a motorcycle to motorcycle collision on a motocross track anyway.

That just screams broken femur to me....

Glad your not hurt, your bike looks like it got hit by a TRAIN!!!!!!!!! I might have had a couple of words with that guy about that one! :cry:

I don't know if it woulda helped, but SRC has some subframe gusset pieces that are supposed to help with that type of problem. It looks like they would be very easy to dup on the cheap if you are so inclined.

Thanks for the info guys! Yea I didnt know it was possible to do that much damage to a bike just from someone hitting me with their tire on a simple turn. Looks like the visor's for the helmet are on backorder! Looks like Ill have to try one of the Troy Lee universal visors.