Sign in to follow this  

Improvements '01 to 02 to 03 to 04 to 05 YZF250 ?

If you really want to know EVERYTHING, you need to go to the dealer and purchase the technical seminar update books:

2004: LIT-17500-00-04

Then get on for the 03 and 02 bikes. The 01 will be basically an overview manual in the Seminar books with service info on the that bike since it was the first year.

In these books, they lay out EVERY change they made, why, any weight differences, specs, etc.

If you want to know, go order them. Or see if your local dealer has them to browse through.

Didn't want that much info, just basics. Was hoping to hear from guys who knew. Just wanted to fill in any extras over: '02 got better forks, '03 got auto cam, '04 lighter & '05 ? *Oh well, just thought I would try.

'01-'02: Not too sure

'03: More power, auto comp release exhaust cam, lighter, better ergo's, new plastics,

'04: More power, new 48mm forks, lighter, Ti headpipe on exhaust.

'05: More power, 48mm twin chamber style forks (can't remember Yamaha's nam for this,) lighter.

There is probably more than this, but it's all I can think of at 4:30 a.m. at work :cry:.

Thanks Bullfrog, thats what I was looking for. (I can tell "yz250f_rider" likes to laugh)

Thanks Bullfrog, thats what I was looking for. (I can tell "yz250f_rider" likes to laugh)

Anytime. Hopefully if insurance hurries their a$$es up I can let you know how the '05 rides :cry:

Oh and laughing is always good (especially when it is at someone else :cry:)