The new 450 is alot better!

The 05 450 is alot better in many ways! the first thing that I had noticed is the way it handles, it turns much much better, it dosent feel like a gyro any more. I can just lean it in and she rails, you can even be picky with the lines which I could never do before. The next thing is the motor it is much smoother off the bottom and pulls for ever, it is very fast and who ever said it is slow needs there head examined! it just does not hit so hard right off idle, you can get on the gas out of a turn with very minimal wheel spin and wheelies. The bike is only a pound or two lighter but it feels alot more than that, the brakes are far better also very good feel and stop very quickly! ok I am done ranting and raveing, but if there was anyone thinking about changing and or up gradring do it! you will be very happy, the bike is very very good! ? :cry: ? :cry: ??

you should run it against some beefed up 250F's. That lack of hit coming out of the corners feels great until they start leaving you behind. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a lot of guys that just dont know how to deal with acceleration and need the sluggishness of the 05 so it feels better to them. I hear scooters come out of the corner pretty sluggish too. ?

you should run it against some beefed up 250F's. That lack of hit coming out of the corners feels great until they start leaving you behind. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a lot of guys that just dont know how to deal with acceleration and need the sluggishness of the 05 so it feels better to them. I hear scooters come out of the corner pretty sluggish too. ?

FLAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let me get this straight. You like your bike and call me a flamer because I dont? Bite me then sport.

I expected more from a 450. Obviously you didnt.

then sell the darn bike......or trade for a 03 - I know personally it will spank the crap out of a 250F except on SX or smaller tighter tracks

Starting trouble again I see... ? :cry: ?

Have you done any mods to that damn thing yet?

Btw guys, I think a moderately modified yz250 will put out high 30's to low 40's on a dyno. It isn't entirely impossible to think that one may be faster, or at least as fast, as a 450... It could definitely feel faster than a detuned 450.

Personally I love the hit, but then again, I ride like shi[/i]t so it doesn't matter. I just love the power...

Btw YZ250F_Rider, you riding this weekend? Sunday?

I don't get it, why is it you continue to read the positive things people have to say about there new bikes & then try to bad mouth there ability or opinion. Just because you are not happy with your bike does not give you the right to try and make all of us who seem to agree that the 05 450 is a great bike feel we are wrong! By now everyone knows how you feel & are probably tired of hearing about it. In all of the years I have been in this sport even riders of different make bikes have not been as down about a certain bike as you. We are all brothers,(and sisters),not to leave anyone out, who love to ride, share ideas, bench race & enjoy the time we have to do what we love! I am sorry about your deal but it's not anyones fault on this site. so ride it or sell it & wait for the new aluminum frame Yz250F. Good luck whatever you do!

well after watching other sections, this one is entirely to dormant. ?

I have the 13T counter on it, and that did help. Tonight I added the Ti-4 a 170 mainjet and a 03/04 CDI to it. So tommorrow hopefully I can say it's a damn respectable yamaha.

Hey I am trying to make bigbass with everyone else tomorrow, so definitely make it if you can. I could definitely use another opinion on this (assuming the cdi and the pipe just dont get it). If I could only squeeze this stupid master link down enough. Man I need a C clamp tool.

Blue... Your right I shouldnt rain on others parades. I'll try and keep that in mind from now on.

correction, I have the master link on. Try an make it if you can.

well the cdi unit was dead on arrival. All I could get out of it was the occasional back fire out the pipe. So I rode with just the Ti-4 pipe and having the header and midpipe wrapped with header wrap. I also put a 125 filter frame, a twinair backfire filter on it, and cut the rear wall of the airbox down flush with the fender, and of course the 13T counter sprocket. It made a considerable difference to the bike. It revs much much easier now. It's not as quick as the 250's yet but at least I quit cussing at it while riding today. ?

I still need to try out a working CDI unit from an 03/04, but thankfully I'm back in the camp of this bike has potential now. ? (but you can still bite me mmbna ?)

I cant make it tommorrow. I have to rejet the 250's so they kick over easier. The 262 kit on them made both cranky as he11 to kickstart. I bought a couple of the adjustable pilot air screws, so that should bring them back to 1 kickers. Most everything north of the towers parking at bigbass is still blocked by trees but we did ride a decent single track on the west side about a mile back towards 42. It's supposed to be 9 or so miles long but I need to ride it with the guys that told me about it to keep on the main loop.

we are racing palatka next weekend with FTR, come race with us!

Was that a stock or aftermarket CDI?

That sucks it was DOA. But at least you're getting back in the ballpark with what you were expecting to get from the beginning. It's just too bad you didn't start where you are now and all this money spent was to actually improve the bike, and not to just get it up to par...

Next weekend is Biketoberfest... I'm not sure what we're doing just yet, but I kind of wanted to do the biker thing. Of course, right now I'll just be a wannabee biker as I sold my streetbike to get dirtbikes, but it would be fun none the less.

What day and time are you guys racing?

I'd kill myself on a track so I wouldn't join you on the dirt, but I'm always up for some good spectating. ?

The race is a harescramble, the next weekend is mx. we are racing sunday, I race oldfarts C at 10:30 and my son races regular C at 1:00.

The CDI was one of those over-rev cdi's on ebay. It raises the rev limit a 1000 rpms, and since it's for an 03/04 it has the same mapping as them. sledsales.com was the vendor, but I dont expect that I will have a problem getting a replacement from him though.

I would have really preferred to put the money into an RG3 clamp a better rear shock, but as long as it puts the bike in the performance range that I need then it's all good.

i took out a loan for my 04 450 so im paying full coverage insurence because the banksa stupid i was alomost woundering if i wanted a 05 if i totalled it or someone stoledit if they would let me get that new 450 i dont have a clue though they cant really give me an 04 anymore ?

i took out a loan for my 04 450 so im paying full coverage insurence because the banksa stupid i was alomost woundering if i wanted a 05 if i totalled it or someone stoledit if they would let me get that new 450 i dont have a clue though they cant really give me an 04 anymore ?

I had the same situation, you have to make sure that they have bike listed as an off road vehicle and you won't have to carry insurance. Else tell me where you live and I will come pick it up. ?