Sign in to follow this  

school and motocross mags.....

I think I could be a stright A student if I didnt race motocross, not that I could care or anything. I make the B's and A's so that I can race, and it makes my parents happy. anyway, I am always getting in trouble for looking at magazines in class. (especially transworld, for all the girls(its awsome)) does anyone else have this problem in school. I think I have ADD, becasue I cannot pay attention to anything but motocross LOL rock out

i have that problem i cant count the number of time i have have them taken away or have had the teacher tell me to put them away.

HAHA, i get the same deal a lot...i am in 12th grade, i get most of my work done and have decent grades just most teachers dont seem to agree with my choice of literature :cry:

My english teacher wasn't exactly thrilled when i brought in Dirt Rider for pleasure reading. She really got ticked when i said i don't find books pleasureful to read unless they're full of pictures. The teachers in my tech classes don't care but boy did I have a surprise when my AP Bio teacher saw what I was reading. BTW, i'm in 10'th grade.

I am wondering how many of you kids plan to go to college? :cry:

Do you think you can earn a living racing dirt bikes?

Keep dreaming....

Education gets jobs....

I think I could be a stright A student if I didnt race motocross, not that I could care or anything. I make the B's and A's so that I can race, and it makes my parents happy. anyway, I am always getting in trouble for looking at magazines in class. (especially transworld, for all the girls(its awsome)) does anyone else have this problem in school. I think I have ADD, becasue I cannot pay attention to anything but motocross LOL rock out

Put your magazine inside of your text book - read away. If the mag is bigger than your text...well you better study... you will have plenty of time to do nothing in college!!

you sound a lot like me :cry:, O and the obsession with motocross, thats not add, trust me I take medicine for it, and im still like that :cry::cry:

I plan on going to college, and I don't plan on racing dirtbikes for a living (sure would be nice though) I hope i am fortunate enough to own a ferrari or two :cry:

Funny, I still have the July 1976 issue of motocross action that I read over and over and over in study hall or detention. The things all tatered and torn, but it brings back great memories. :cry:

I am in my second year of Mechanical Engineering school at CU in Boulder and I have so much work this semester it's sick. I see students in other majors that have a lot of free time during the week, but I have become a weekend warrior as far as riding goes. I try to get my stuff done before the weekend, then I get up early on Sat, go to a riding area, usually change my oil and air filter that morning, ride a couple of days, and go back to school sore for another ridiculous week. I was a 4.0 high school student, but I have a 3.17 in college right now and am doing school work at least 60-70 hrs per week. It basically sucks, but I am hoping it will pay off.

I am wondering how many of you kids plan to go to college? :cry:

Do you think you can earn a living racing dirt bikes?

Keep dreaming....

Education gets jobs....

I'll come back to you in 10 years when the guy cutting my lawn making more money than you :cry:

Dont be such a jerk, i have decent grades....besides I am a kid, having fun is what they pay me for :cry:

Or i could take your advice, sell the bike and study a bunch....then use all my free time and money (because its not all dumped into motocross) and go buy some drugs, maby join a gang....dont tell me motocross is the worst thing i could be doing with my time.

-Mike

I read mx mags all the time in school. Most teachers think its cool that I ride moto x.

Do they also think its cool that you read mags instead of getting an education :cry:

I try to seperate them. I'm not going to ride while in class anyway, and theres plenty of time to read the mags. Since I will never have the ability to make a living out of motocross I'm not going to let it hurt my school work.

what kinda grades do u get? i don't have time to read (cept in school) cuz the god damned teachers give so much f***in hw. 426, i'm sure they really like ur choice of literature, maybe they think ur studying up for ur future career so they don't stop u :cry:

Senior year, i have a rediculous amount of free time....usualy out at 11:15 am and most of my classes are BS gimmie electives because i already have all my credits pretty much nailed...progress reports came yesterday, i have all A's :cry:.....Transworld is great to bust out after you finish a test early, or done with an assignment.

When my teachers say put down that MX magazine...I say but your taking my knowlagable reading away. Arent you supposed to read in school? And they say yes but not that. :cry: