Sign in to follow this  

How to remove stiker goo

I made the mistake of using Velcro (industrial strength) on the frame. Now, my boots have made a mess. Is there something that will remove sticker goo?

Also, the plastic parts my boots is leaving some plastic goo on my 2stroke pipe, how do I remove it?

:cry:

Bug and tar remover. Any auto parts store should have it.

It depends what the glue base it, but I find that mentholated spirit works well. Sometime petrol works well. if you get desperate use paint striper! That will get anything off.

I made the mistake of using Velcro (industrial strength) on the frame. Now, my boots have made a mess. Is there something that will remove sticker goo?

Also, the plastic parts my boots is leaving some plastic goo on my 2stroke pipe, how do I remove it?

:cry:

Goo Gone works really well and doesn't seem as harsh as some of the other stuff (it's citrus based I believe), I use it on my plastic all the time.

I like to use goo gone. Works great! As far as the plastic on the pipe from the boots i liked to use scotch brite and scrub it off. long as your pipe doesnt have a finish that will scratch off with the scrubbing.

if you get desperate use paint striper! That will get anything off.

Except the paint on the clutch cover :cry:

When I made the mistake of polishing my clutch cover I tried three different paint strippers. Nothing touched that crap. Its tough stuff what ever it is...

Bug and tar remover. Any auto parts store should have it.

NO!!!! Do not use that it will stain your frame. If you're going to take it off a little trick is to use car wax. Works great. Or Goo Gone.

Okay...I just came from Home Depot and got the Goo Gone....

doesn't work...

I'll try Goop Off and Oops next..

Okay...I just came from Home Depot and got the Goo Gone....

doesn't work...

I'll try Goop Off and Oops next..

Goof Off is stronger than Goo Gone. The Goo Gone is better on plastic and more delicate stuff. Goof Off is what you need. Since this is on the frame, did you try carb cleaner or brake cleaner that you may already have?

if you get desperate use paint striper! That will get anything off.

Except the paint on the clutch cover :cry:

When I made the mistake of polishing my clutch cover I tried three different paint strippers. Nothing touched that crap. Its tough stuff what ever it is...

:cry: Nothing gets that stuff off. :cry: except your boots!